Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Temperature Sensor

2 posters

Go down

Water Temperature Sensor Empty Water Temperature Sensor

Post by wrightgeordie Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:57 am

Grateful if anyone can help with or tell me where I can get a new water temperature sensor for my 1.3 EFI van please.

Many thanks
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Water Temperature Sensor Empty Re: Water Temperature Sensor

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:34 am

Hi WG. As far as I know the combined temperature and cold start Sensor is only available from Daihatsu. I hope that I am wrong.
If I am right then I use Woodford Motors in Essex/Outer London. They are extremely helpful. Their numbers are : 02085040017 and 02085061115.

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks Woodie, it is indeed an extremely hard to get item. I've spent hours trawling the net and the closest I can find is in China but you have to buy 100 at a time. I'll try Woodford Motors in the morning.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:21 pm

Which problem have you got with your van WG? Temp gauge not working, or erratic tick-over when warm?

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:13 am

Engine management light fault. Tested the sender as per the manual and no resistance readings at all across the ECU signal terminals. Temp gauge works ok.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:44 am

Well if you have the temperature gauge working and the tick over doesn't hunt up and down after the initial warm up then I don't think you have a problem with it. 99 times out of a 100 if the engine management light comes on, it's down to the Lamda Sensors on the exhaust manifold or Silencer.
The management light usually comes on after leaving the engine ticking over for a length of time. If the sensor is faulty, THE ENGINE WILL HUNT UP AND DOWN. If it is faulty, it won't tick over.

When I worked for Romahome, the vehicles were often left running for a length of time to recharge the battery which had been flattened with constant stop start in the factory. I contacted Daihatsu in Birmingham and their advice? "Ignore it. Take it for a good run. It won't do any harm."
That's exactly what I do. Ignore it and give it a damn good thrashing up the Coastal Military Road, close to home here on the Island. Works every time.

Everyone seems to panic when that light comes on. They usually think that they are going to damage the bottom end of the engine. It is nothing to do with the lubrication of the engine.
Admittedly, on newer model cars, a fault like that puts the engine into "limp home mode".
Be thankful that Daihatsu were a bunch of Scrooges when they designed the Hi-Jet Management System.
But not thankful for the Diabolical price of spare parts that they charge.

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Thanks again for your advice Woodie, when I eventually get to the root of the problem I'll let you know. The bulb for my warning light had been pulled out when I bought the van in November and I only realised this recently whilst looking at a different fault, I'm assuming the light had been a pre sale problem for the previous owner and pulling the bulb was an easy fix. I'm fitting a new headlining to it at the moment and as soon as its finished I'll take it for a good long run.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:49 pm

You fitting the headlining in the cab area? Going to do mine at the weekend (so long as its not snowing!). If you are doing the cab area, let me know if it was an easy job or a pain!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:20 am

The headlining was an easy job, I used a flexi materiel and the gully between the frame and the roof makes light work of the trimming process.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:38 am

Thanks, fingers crossed for good weather and will crack on with that on Saturday. Hope you get the light/temp issue sorted.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down