Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Sunny Suffolk!! Hi jet LPG

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from Sunny Suffolk!! Hi jet LPG Empty Greetings from Sunny Suffolk!! Hi jet LPG

Post by themack Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi,

I have had my efi Hi jet van Lpg for about 8 years. 2003. It has been superb. Never missed a beat. It has roof rack, foldable bulkhead, towbar and rear window guard. Petrol gauge only works when I fill it up but it mostly runs perfect on the Prinns Lpg system. It has just had a brand new LPG tank and fill point, so good for another 10 years!!!! Secondhand gearbox fitted with a new clutch kit earlier this year! Gearbox leaked all over clutch.

I bought another EFi Hi jet when my gearbox leaked as I bought it of someone who said it was only good for parts, little did they know it was a good 'un an early Efi 1998. I used this as my van for a few months and when I managed to source a gearbox for £60 it was leant out to my friend as he was starting out with his brewery venture and it has been a dray vehicle Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I then sold the 1998 to my buddy, as he needs a pit pony now, I sold it with a bit of regret and "I want first refusal on it!"

Inevitably I am on here for a little bit of advice but I will post in the correct section.

Chris.

themack
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Sunny Suffolk!! Hi jet LPG Empty Re: Greetings from Sunny Suffolk!! Hi jet LPG

Post by elfin girl Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm

oo hi there, sounds like youve got plenty of jet experience already!
where did you get your lpg tank replaced please, and how much?
mine sprang a leak some time ago so not been able to use it, i did get a couple of spare tanks but had no luck finding anybody who will touch it!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Sunny Suffolk!! Hi jet LPG Empty Re: Greetings from Sunny Suffolk!! Hi jet LPG

Post by Logi Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Hello Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by themack Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi Elfin girl,

Well I get Mark who runs WCRLPG.com t 01603879879 to change and certificate the tank. He is over in Reedham, Norfolk.

He sourced me a new tank which is slightly bigger at 35l rather than the 30l that the Hi jets come with stock. It cost me about £500 to have the  new tank fitted with a new fill point as well. Mark has told me has worked on many Lpg Hi jets and he knows the Prinns system well....

About £170-90 of that cost is getting your system registered on the lpg certificate/website which is valid a minimum of 10 years after the date of installation and you have to have it checked every two years to keep the certificate valid- otherwise you are basically not insured.

The tanks are only 3-4mm thick and because they are on the underside of the van they can rust, I always coat them in good quality spray on underseal, stops the rust.

Give Mark a call during work hours, I tried loads of other LPg engineers and all they wanted to do was install a new system- useless.

Hope that helps.

Chris.

Last edited by themack on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

themack
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by themack Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi Logi,

I have had a look through all the posts in workshop section, my little problem is not in there so I will join the members area PROPER Very Happy

themack
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:27 am

Welcome to the Forum Chris. I think you will find that all Prins Hi-Jet van tanks are 35 litres. You cannot fill them completely. The most I have ever got in my MPV was on a scorching hot day last summer when I managed to squeeze 30-1 litres in it. The Pickup tanks are smaller as they sit transversely.

We need an LPG Expert on here. Any chance of getting your friend to join the Forum. He could probably pick up a good bit of business on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 am

Well I think that you may be unique. I have never sold a gearbox to anyone and neither has Matt (Highly Jetted). Shame as I have one gearbox which has only done 9,000 miles and another that has done 21, miles.
I just throw them away now.

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 pm

thanks chris
ive taken a screen shot incase i cant find the thread again!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by themack Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi Woody,

Sorry a bit slow. New laptop and fitting a new graphics card to PC! Black Friday nonsense;)

Yeah, your right they are 35l the standard tank, but Mark shoehorned a bigger tank in for me I think it was a 40l. The extra range is handy. I did take some pictures. I will try to dig them out. Lpg tanks you can fill to 80% of stated capacity, I think it is do allow for expansion of the gas on warm days...

I can ask Mark to come onto the forum. I need to speak to him soon anyways. His contact details are at the top of the thread....

I had no idea the gearboxes were so reliable, I only paid £50 or so delivered. Shame but now you know they do go, probably worth keeping one in reserve!!!

Chris.

themack
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by themack Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Oh and thanks for the warm welcome. Much appreciated. Smile

Chris.

themack
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 pm

I have got about ten gearboxes, in stock, 1300 993,and diesel ones. But not doing much more breaking now. I have 5 1600cc Grand Move's to break for the engines and then thats it. I have stopped buying Hi-Jets a while ago. Like Matt I have just got tired of the problems. But I am still going to keep my own fleet of Hi-Jets to use myself. Not interested in posh cars. I've had my share in the past. Stick with our 2 Grand Move's and a Toyota Yaris Verso.

I just want some time for my own 1600 Hi-Jet projects. But it just doesn't seem to happen. If I am offered any more Hi-Jets here on the Island and they are cheap enough or have good headlights then I will buy them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down