Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands

4 posters

Go down

Hi from Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands Empty Hi from Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands

Post by jeremiah1992 Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi All!

Here greetings from Holland.
My name is Levy Jeremiah Muis, 23 years old, living in Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands

For a year I own a Daihatsu Hijet Van 1.2D 1997

When I bought the car it looks horrible, old stickers bad paint, broken taillight.
At the moment it looks great to me, painted it over with regular paint from a can with a roller, all black(weathered gray) parts are black again with a spraycan.

Things i did to the motor:
new glowplugs, didn't start anymore last winter
mounted an other used dieselpump, old was leak

Things i did to the car:
Repainted outside
place carpet inside at the back
replace wheelbearing at the front left side
new fronttires

Having a lot of fun with it Razz

I use the car every day for my pick & return bikerepairservice in my town.

Everybody loves the car, me to. And want to keep for a long time.

Parts are very hard to find, but im always keeping my eyes open.

With this forum I hope to find a lot info about this car and keeping it on the road, i already have a big book about it.

jeremiah1992
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Hi from Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands Empty Re: Hi from Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Just seen this post Jerry. I can see that  you are going to have problems getting the parts you need or a complete 1300 scrap van to transfer all the parts you need.

With the Diesel and Petrol 993cc model van you have,  the  engine cradle  mounting capsulated  bolt holes in the chassis rails  are in a different place on the chassis.

There are so many things that are different. About the only 1300 part that the Diesel has is the Radiator,  or more correctly all the 1300's have the 1200 & 1400 Diesel Radiator  fitted in them.

My advice to sell it and buy a 1300 model may well be as big a problem for you too.
Between a rock and a hard place as we would say over here.

Back to top Go down

Hi from Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands Empty Re: Hi from Vlaardingen/ the Netherlands

Post by Lex_Michdebus Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Welcome/welkom. A specific Dutch problem question; diesels mogen helaas bijna nergens meer komen in Nederland, waarom koos je ervoor om te dieselen?

I think this thread needs pictures!
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:07 pm

That translates to : Diesels can unfortunately almost somewhere more come in Netherlands warm know your error to Diesels - - according to my Google Translate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:03 am

I'll translate it the human way; unfortunately older diesel engines aren't allowed in a lot of city centres in the Netherlands anymore, why do you prefer a diesel Hijet?

Don't know about British diesels, but Utrecht and Rotterdam banned the diesel. Pretty f'ed if you live there and own one; you're forced to buy a different car or park it outside the city. Germany has the same thing with the red, yellow and green stickers in a lot more cities.
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:29 am

Lex_Michdebus wrote: Germany has the same thing with the red, yellow and green stickers in a lot more cities.
Rudolf must be turning in his grave! (Noisily, of course)

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 am

My answer to the Hi-Jet Lombardini Diesel Engine ever since my first encounter with them, in 2002/2003 at Romahome, with obviously brand new ones, has always been a gallon of petrol and a box of matches.

34BHP from the 1200 version, the same output of a 1959 850cc Mini - half what the 1300 petrol engined Hi-Jet develops. Nope. I don't like Diesel engines.
Modern Turbocharged Diesels are bit of a different animal, but look what VW are going through right now with theirs. I don't know anything about the background on it but will be interesting to see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremiah1992 Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Great Van for me, great engine. Runs every Day, hill up, hill down.
I bought it for the cheap price, diesel/petrol, the price was good.
I use it in Vlaardingen, not Rotterdam, Only Utrecht has a Environmentzone, januari 1th 2016 will have Rotterdam the same, for me not a big problem.

jeremiah1992
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremiah1992 Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Just sold the Diesel Van, Saturday there will be a petrol one on my driveway Very Happy:D
This because more valuable in the future, and this was a bargain I couldnt miss.

jeremiah1992
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:49 pm

jeremiah1992 wrote:Just sold the Diesel Van, Saturday there will be a petrol one on my driveway Very Happy:D
This because more valuable in the future, and this was a bargain I couldnt miss.

Als ik zo brutaal mag zijn; what did you pay? Pictures? Mileage?
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuel_nl Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:14 pm

When I see the prices in England they are giving them away for almost free. The Dutch are traders. They sell less for a lot of money. :-)
Manuel_nl
Manuel_nl
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremiah1992 Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 am

I sold my Diesel 97' with 90K for 500€ to a dealer, Called him and 5min. later he picked it up, just bought me a Petrol 96' 100K for 700€. Good deal to me, need it every day, so this went great.
Pros
-speed 120km/h opposites the 100km/hDiesel
-Bullbar at front Very Happy(gonna be sold, don't needed)
-nice interior(not broken)
-Al doors can be opened(Diesel were sidedoors were broken)
-More silent than the diesel
-insurance cheaper than diesel

Cons
-Petrol costs 1,45 p/liter opposites 1,19 p/liter
-L/Km almost the same
-drivingexperience completely different, now have a shoke.

Pictures will come, horrible computer and phoneproblems, gonna be solved

jeremiah1992
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:28 pm

jeremiah1992 wrote:shoke.
Sorry, lost me there - shock? shake? choke?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremiah1992 Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:58 am

Haha, sorry for the great translation, choke(the handle to regulate air)

jeremiah1992
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down