Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just saying Hi

5 posters

Go down

Just saying Hi Empty Just saying Hi

Post by Raggy Mon May 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Great little forum for info, don't own a HiJet yet but have a friend who has one and sings its praises. we have been looking at getting a camper day van for a while and as it has to become my daily driver (although I dont do that much) the HiJet seems to fit the bill. Just trying to soak up the info before going for a purchase as like to know what I am lettiing myself in for!
Just a couple of questions, I know they are old vans and reading about problems getting parts but whats the status on getting headlights and exhausts? Are there any other bits That are like hens teeth just so I dont get a van that needs them!
Idealy be Keeping my eyes out for a 1.3 HiJet Devon somewhere around Yorkshire prefferably. What kind of price range should I expect to pay, been watching some and seen some at £1000 and some up to £3500!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Just saying Hi Empty Re: Just saying Hi

Post by Ginny gins Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi to everyone, I am new also to the forum and have not yet purchased a HiJet though I am very keen to educate myself as I am a total newbie! I live in the North East area and hope to get my first HiJet once I have researched a bit & know what the pit falls maybe..... I have found the information on the site so helpful already & I am sure I am in the right place for my journey ahead... If anyone lives within my area I would love to be able to have a look at the HiJet & familiarise myself with one at some stage. Thanks for the great info

Ginny gins

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Welcome to you both.
Exhaust are no problem but headlights are a no no so when you looking at one make sure the lights are in good condition. It is the chrome backing in the light to need to check.
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny gins Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Than you I hope to participate within the forum discussions once I have my way around

Ginny gins

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:43 pm

Hello x 2 Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:42 am

Welcome aboard, there is a buyers guide kicking around somewhere too.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny gins Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi thanks yes I have had a quick scan of the buyers guide, very helpful, a tad technical in places for a novice.... but it certainly is a great guide & has made me mindful that you do need to know what you are potentially buying! I am so pleased to have found this informative forum

Ginny gins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum