Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circoli waterpumps

2 posters

Go down

Circoli waterpumps Empty Circoli waterpumps

Post by Eightpot Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:41 pm

It's going well...

Just run up my hijet after refitting the head, filling the coolant system, changing the oil and offering a sacrifice of a virgin to the gods of all things mechanical. (Okay, the last bit might be a small fib, it's deeply unlikely there any virgins in this part of town...)

All was going well until the engine issued forth a rumbling/clattering noise from the environs of the water pump. There seemed little flow through the pipework and no pressurising of the hoses. Slipping the alternator belt off and the death rattle went away and the engine once again sounded sweet. The alternator has no play and turns freely and smoothly, so I'm suspecting the water pump is the culprit.

I can get locally a Circoli water pump for £20 tomorrow, whereas the best eBay can yield is one for 40 quid and it won't turn up until early next week.

I know Circoli rad caps are to be avoided, but are their water pumps okay? TBH, the low price point is making me a bit wary. Anyone ever used a Circoli pump. Good, bad or cheese?

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Circoli waterpumps Empty Re: Circoli waterpumps

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Circoli thermostats are what you want to avoid.

I like the blueprint water pumps, but they are 3 times the price.

But I'm a bugger for buying decent parts.

Half of the stuff you can get from eurocarparts is pretty pants.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Eightpot Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 am

As luck would have it I've found a First Line pump in an old style motor factors not far from me for a decent price, so the Circoli one won't take pride of place in the engine bay. Shame, I was almost looking forward what chunk of automotive engineering excellence 20 quid can buy.

Almost.

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:43 pm

First line stuff is often quite good, but you take each box as it comes as always!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum