Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

track control arm bottom ball joints wont fit my hijet why ..

3 posters

Go down

track control arm bottom ball joints wont fit my hijet why .. Empty track control arm bottom ball joints wont fit my hijet why ..

Post by oldham.red Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:33 pm

hi all. i have a hijet p plate 96..i have scowered the net for the left and right bottom ball joint arms ..sent relevent information date petrol  registration number ect . but the arms they sent where approx 2 inches too long .so there on there way back to supplier .i went to bms motor factors oldham and they got me another set .difference ref numbers to the one i bought but still 2 inches too big ..they looked all over there comp even went back to old school to see if there was anything in the book ..and they cant find nothing ..does anyone know what i need
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

track control arm bottom ball joints wont fit my hijet why .. Empty Re: track control arm bottom ball joints wont fit my hijet why ..

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:32 pm

What is the measument from the centre of the bush to the centre of the ball joint??

Back to top Go down

track control arm bottom ball joints wont fit my hijet why .. Empty Re: track control arm bottom ball joints wont fit my hijet why ..

Post by oldham.red Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 pm

39 cm centre bush to center ball joint ..its the thin rod arms that have got a screw thread on thats 2 inches too big there 26 inch end to end the one on dinky ..my vans name is 24 inch end to end
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh right I understand you now. Here was me thinking that by you putting on 2" longer track control arms you would have a really mean looking Hi-Jet with loadsa  negative camber and an increased track of 4" !!! What a shame !!
Its the tie-rod you are meaning.  

I will dig out a couple for you tomorrow. Give me a call tomorrow on 0786 303030 9 and we can sort it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 pm

when it comes to mechanics i couldnt put on a 2 inch stick on mirror ..it was my buddy mechanic who was doing the job for me explained it in words i would understand ..example pointing to rod and saying thats 2 inches too big lol ..and telling me to find hijet forums online brought me here ..he also said the ball joint itself was different it had a half moon shape cut out in it where the new ones never ..if thats anything to go off ..woody i will phone you tomorrow afternoon .or would you rather speak to the lad whos doing the job for me .and speak to someone who speaks mechanic language .and thank you for repl
ying to me its very much appreciated
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Yes that would be a good idea to talk to the guy who is doing the job. Ask him to give me a call around 12ish or later. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:33 am

Have sorted out a couple of TCA's for you with 24" tie rod and ring grooved ball joints.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:58 am

hi woody just got off the phone to the mechanic ..hes not working today his wife said hes in bed as hes doing a night job for a freind this weekend so i will proceed myself ..so how much will it cost me to buy and courier these items to chadderton ol98jz..i have a paypal account if that helps regards
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Give me a call on 0786 303030 9 when you are free
please.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Yeah I have sold people complete sets of 1.3 petrol arms with ball joints because of this exact problem.

Also some people have track rod ends with with a threaded shaft, and others with a threaded hole.. The track rod ends with a threaded hole are a pain to get hold of.

Switch over to 1.3 normal ones and life is good.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 pm

recieved the arms today woody thank you fingers crossed they fit tommorrow..will update you then ..
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:26 pm

update thanks for the arms they where spot on fitted like a glove ..now onto the next item .im after some new shocks will i find these hard hard to find due to the bumper upgrade that year or will they just be standard thanks
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm

New ones ?? Steady on. I think others like HJ, Logi,
or Rich might have a better idea than me, on this exotic expensive Isle of Wight. We get robbed blind here for parts.
Flipping good job there are still plenty of Hi-Jets to buy for spares. It would be nice if they had decent headlights in them or good sliding door handles !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi I had similar problem track control arms were too long for my 2003 van just wondered if you can put anything other than the ones that I need as cant get them except on eBay at a very high price.one of mine has totally snapped my partner hasn't worked on daihatsu before so it's new to him as well so any advice would be great xx
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Debz. Get your boyfriend to give me a call Thursday.
0786 303030 9. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Thank you woody I will do x
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 pm

any luck with them shocks woody ...debs are you driving the hijet se model too
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:37 pm

I thought you were looking to buy new ones rather than used ones. That's why I directed you to others on the Forum that would know where to get new ones. Give me a call in the morning please.

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:14 am

I have 1296 cc 16v efi 2003 but finding it hard to get track control arm ones I got didn't fit it's a pain in the butt just need that done to get me onthe road hopefully.hey woody do you have a front passenger one that might fit .xx
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Please get your feller to ring me Debz. I kneed a
a measurement of the tie rod you have.
Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 pm

Should have measurements tomorrow woody so he will call you.Thankyouverymuch xx
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:50 pm

woody wrote:I thought you were looking to buy new ones rather than used ones. That's why I directed you to others on the Forum that would know where to get new ones. Give me a call in the morning please.

yes i have had no response ..so i really need to know if the shocks are the same for all 1.0 hijets. or if mine are different ive seen them new at £40.00.. eBay item number:130573747563 .but i dont want to order incase im going round in circles again .is there any difference in the se shocks like there was in the se track arm
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 pm

i have been scouring lancashire today for parts in breakers yards.. i missed 2 hi jet vans in bury at a place full of dismantling yards called pimhole ..a breaker from leeds gobbled the whole vans up ..on the way home near to my town i saw a hijet in a garden .knocked on the door had a chat with the owner whos willing to let it go but wants £400.he says its a runner but the relay under the steering wheel has gone astray ..its a 1.2 efi on a w reg looks a little tatty .maybe i could get a deal with him but would the parts fit mine .im guessing not ,,
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Woody just want to let you know my partner got a hold of track control arm same as one I need from a guy in dundee who was breaking a van so very happy getting it fixed tomorrow also got the other one as a spare and hoping to get Windows from his as well but thanks so much for helping.way hay hope everything else's gonna be ok just got to look out for inside the van now to start my wee conversion.I really just want the basics but looking forward to the challenge xxx
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by oldham.red Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:06 pm

woody do you know the part numbers of the shocks on the se ..i have had a email this morning from a ebay seller ..eBay item number:130573747563

Hello, Thank you for your email, Please can you forward us your vehicle registration number so we can have a look for you? Also if you can get the part number off the shocks that are on the car at the moment we can try and cross the number over for you.

Regards Michael

- apwltd
i cant find any numbers do you have any off that you can look at before i send him a reply regards
oldham.red
oldham.red
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down