Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted.

4 posters

Go down

Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted. Empty Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted.

Post by ldv.tek Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi to all, as the title says I am looking for a Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch.

Tested my wiring etc today and its point to the thermostatic switch being faulty Sad

Or does any one know of a supplier in the UK?

Cheers in advance.

ldv.tek
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted. Empty Re: Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted.

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Does the coolant pipe actually get hot?

Test the switch - put it in a vice, connect your multimeter to it, and warm it up gently with a blow lamp.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted. Empty Re: Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted.

Post by ldv.tek Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:18 pm

Hiya Highjetted.

No overheating issues or coolant loss but temp does rise quick when parked up if the interior heater fan isnt on.
Tested the wiring etc by bridging the wires that go to the Thermal Switch and the fan works fine.
Got the van nice and warm and equal heat on the inlet and outlet pipes of the radiator, Thermal Switch was hot enough to not be able to touch and hold it.
IF I get time on the weekend I will pull it out and test it  Very Happy 

ldv.tek
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:52 am

Dunno about the diesel but the petrol ones have a wee relay beneath the passenger seat which can corrode, mines stopped working because of this.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bittesoep Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:37 am

ldv.tek wrote:Hi to all, as the title says I am looking for a Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch.

Tested my wiring etc today and its point to the thermostatic switch being faulty Sad

Or does any one know of a supplier in the UK?

Cheers in advance.

I know it's 4 years ago, but did you find any ? Very Happy
I need one myself

bittesoep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:01 am

Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted. Dsc_3310
Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted. Dsc_0010
Piaggio Porter 1.4 Diesel Thermostatic Radiator Fan Switch wanted. Dsc_3210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down