Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just though a quick hello was in order

3 posters

Go down

I just though a quick hello was in order Empty I just though a quick hello was in order

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:10 am

Hi all,

I'm Martin from West Yorkshire and im on the lookout for a hijet, either van/mpv as i'll be using it for my mountain bikes and camping with my son,

I just cant believe how roomy they are inside, can some one answer me this, is it a 7ft long load space?

Many thanks and hope this forum grows well and we can have some meets some time and put faces to posts !! more advertising !!!

Martin.

Back to top Go down

I just though a quick hello was in order Empty Re: I just though a quick hello was in order

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:46 am

No they are not 7ft, more like just 6ft with the seats in the normal driving possition. They are 4ft wide, I know this because you can just fit sheets of plasterboard in them as long as you half them!

Get an mpv one because then you dont need tip permits to go to the local council tip, vehicals without windows in the rear are classes as a van. You wont regret hijet ownership unless its rotting or burning to much oil/water Smile
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I just though a quick hello was in order Empty Re: I just though a quick hello was in order

Post by Admin Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:57 pm

i am a short arse at 5ft.. and i can sleep in the back of mine very comfortably!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hijet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:05 pm

I've just come in from the garage, I'm not tall nor short, an average 5ft10 ish but I find the driving space a bit crampt. About 6 months ago I shortened my gear lever so my knee clears it, removed the centre console and repositioned the radio so I can swing my left leg into the passenger footwell and I've made my window winder removable and I store it in the door pocket (other words I try not to loose the damn thing). Tonight i've redrilled the engine access covers for the seat runners, they are now 40mm further back and a bit lower without the spacers. Seems much better but tomorrows drive will test the bespoke design improvements.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:11 pm

lol.. i know what you mean about the gear stick poking in to the knee!. other than that i dont have too many problems.. if anything being short.. climbing in/out of the van is entertaining!

**just going to move this thread in to the Hijet General section... **
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hijet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I just though a quick hello was in order Empty re-quick hello

Post by bones 851 Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:15 pm

hi martin, i like your self do a fair bit of mountain biking, and you need to get your hands on one of these wee gems, i own a 1300 mpv converted to weekend van, sleeps 2 and i can sleep very well in the back and im 6 1".
i have spent most of the summer traveling all over the mountains in scotland , sometimes with 2 bikes and some times used as the transport with 4 adult bikes in the back. With a roof box on top thse wee gems realy are based on the tardis. i am trying to get pics up on the web site, and do have pics up on dihatsu drivers club... happy motoring bones 851....
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down