Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toasty Theory

2 posters

Go down

Toasty Theory Empty Toasty Theory

Post by Logi Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Rumour has it that Hijets can suffer from overheating......affraid 

Have noticed mine was getting a bit warm in the summer, not Oh Shit! warm, but a bit more than i'm happy with. It's using a very small amount of coolant, haven't tried to locate it yet, I check the coolant daily now and top it up(5-10cc) and it runs a lot cooler.

So, I reckon many overheating Hijets start with a minor leak, prob one of the shitty clips losing their springiness, wee weep, sucks a wee bit air in, without regular checks turns into an airlock, overheats, hg shagged, then sold to someone who comes on here... Shocked 

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Toasty Theory Empty Re: Toasty Theory

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Toasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory ApplauseToasty Theory Applause

Shouldn't believe those rumours your hearing, that's bad mouthing Hijets pal!

Last edited by HighlyJetted on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Laughing

I reckon the time for spending a little is before it overheats, new hoseclips v head job?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Prevention, rather than expensive cure Logi. Couldnt agree more. A little bit of exploratory work regularly saves a lot of off road time and horrendous bills.Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum