Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it's going to go ...

5 posters

Go down

it's going to go ...  Empty it's going to go ...

Post by minimouse Mon May 20, 2013 9:57 am

thought I'd post on here first just in case...

My 1.3 hijet flatbed/camper is going to either be sold to someone for spares or go to the scrapyard in the next few weeks...

If anyone is interested I will be looking for scrap value of £300 ..

let me know if you want more details ..
minimouse
minimouse
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

it's going to go ...  Empty Re: it's going to go ...

Post by Logi Mon May 20, 2013 11:56 am

Noooooo dont go Sad
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 1:47 pm

You certainly wont get anything like that for scrap metal. It will certainly be a Minimouse price you will get when you obviously are hoping for a Maximouse price for it.
Shame you are not a lot nearer or I would buy it for spares. Hang on to it for as long as you can Mini as I am sure a Forum Member would be grateful to buy it for spares and thus we help each other which is such a lovely quality I find among GENUINE members of this great Forum.
All the best , Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by minimouse Mon May 20, 2013 2:30 pm

woody wrote:You certainly wont get anything like that for scrap metal. It will certainly be a Minimouse price you will get when you obviously are hoping for a Maximouse price for it.
Shame you are not a lot nearer or I would buy it for spares. Hang on to it for as long as you can Mini as I am sure a Forum Member would be grateful to buy it for spares and thus we help each other which is such a lovely quality I find among GENUINE members of this great Forum.
All the best , Woody.

Thanks Woody, but I have already checked on my scrap price and once I get a new van it will be going as can't afford to keep 2 on the road .
minimouse
minimouse
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 10:48 pm

How much have the scrappy offered you then? Down here we would be lucky to get £60 for Scrap.
If you are saying you can get £ 300 up your neck of the woods I better bring the 5 remaining Hondas I have up to Essex .
No wonder Dave that owns the only 2 scrap metal yards here runs round in an Aston. The Beggar is robbing us blind then !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Scrap metal has gone through the floor round my way, I scrapped a 1350kg car the other week and the best price I could get from any of the dealers was £105. I'll get a bit more in the end though as I've kept the battery and the cat converter in my christmas bonus pile.

Have to say though, if I lived closer to minimouse I would be very interested in this pickup, but unfortunately the logistical costs are prohibitive.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks HJ . I have only just cottoned on to the CAT values. A guy from the Mainland comes over every 3 months and his prices are more than double the beggars over here. Some on his list he pays £70 for .!!!

I love living here on the Island but that damn ferry adds so much to the viability of me getting Jets from the Mainland, though I have had 3 stonking deals in the past 3 months.
Am putting a large Hi-Jet wanted ad on Wightbay over here each week now to get some breakers or runners. Wish me luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by biketuna Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi all...

I've registered on the site to try and get in touch with minimouse about the van... I'll do a proper intro at some point, but if anyone can let him/her know i've PM'd that would be great

Cheers

biketuna

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed May 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Welcome - hope you make contact and are able to save the van!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by biketuna Wed May 29, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm trying...

Contact has been made, but it's got trickier as its now on ebay but fingers crossed...

biketuna

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed May 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Money in front of someone talks.

Arrange a viewing, and make a cash offer if its worth owning.

Any seller with any sense knows just because some one has won the auction, doesn't mean they will pay up and collect it.

And who would buy a vehicle they haven't seen?

I didn't have it, although was offer a very good price on it, purely because it's too far for me to view then arrange to collect. It'd cost me £150 or more to move it, and it'd cost me at least £50 just to have a look at it.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by biketuna Wed May 29, 2013 5:13 pm

I've put in a cash offer via pm, and the money is here waiting. Happy to take it on face value of the description of faults as i'm reasonably competent with spanners and it'll be a projectofrom the off so not too worried about issues.

Just waiting on a reply now...

biketuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum