Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D'oh!! where is it????

Go down

D'oh!! where is it???? Empty D'oh!! where is it????

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm

At the risk of everyone thinking I'm a dork Very Happy

Where is the horn on a 1998 1300 efi petrol Hijet MPV please Question It has died and I've checked the wiring/connections I can see and the fuse - I can't find the actual horn though Embarassed

All help gratefully received I love you

Back to top Go down

D'oh!! where is it???? Empty D'oh!! where is it????

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 pm

Don't you just hate it when you have moments like that Exclamation lol! Don't know if its the same on yours but on my 1995 993cc its under the front bumper about half a dozen bolts and it comes off fairly easy, there is a hole sort of thing over the horn on mine about a inch square, you can see it on the last pic on this link page above the number plate and between the indicatorand the rad grill http://richstoys.piczo.com/?g=43975506&cr=1 although it sounds like its in the cab with me I'm sure its louder inside than out Laughing

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

D'oh!! where is it???? Empty Re: D'oh!! where is it????

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 pm

That's brilliant! Thanks Rich.

Mine has only ever been like a clown horn - more of a parp parp than a grown up horn Rolling Eyes

Then it stopped working completely along with rear wiper - I took off the steering wheel covers, swapped fuses but no luck. It's booked in the shop for next Monday affraid but at least I can take a look at the horn over the weekend. flower

Back to top Go down

D'oh!! where is it???? Empty Reviving the horn question

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello Peeps

My horn has gone again and I'm pretty sure that I have just kinda dislodged it when I used the jetwash Rolling Eyes

I feel like such a clutz cos no matter how hard I look I can't see how to get access to the damn thing via the grill? has anyone else replaced/adjusted theirs at all?

Fanks Surprised)

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Mon May 16, 2011 9:20 pm

You have to take the bumper off, with the doors open there is a 10mm screw facing forwards at the top of the bumper, then below them at the bottom edge of the bumper there are two more facing into the van then the last two are on the front one either side of the grill down a little square hole you do need a deep socket at least or a short extention I think these are 12mm then get hold and it should pull forwards. if you are only going to give it a tap and check the connecters then you can leave the indicators connected and put it down on a box but if not then you just need to unplug the indicators at their block connecters which you can get to underneath they may need a clean as when ours come off one always plays up and I have to get under and wiggle it about to get a good connection.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Sorry for such a late reply but I accidentally almost hacked my own finger off.. anyhoo.. I got to the horn by wriggling underneath the front bumper.. much easier Surprised) thanks for your help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Just as long as you didn't leave trails of blood on the van I think it would clash with your decals Laughing
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum