Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear sliding door cards

4 posters

Go down

Rear sliding door cards Empty Rear sliding door cards

Post by Lambo Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:41 pm

The outside door handle no longer opens the rear sliding door, something has come apart inside, so lets have a look! Step one remove door card, before doing this have to remove inside door handle and window winder. Having beaten the door handle to within an inch of it's life it refuses to come off. Does it just pull off? Can't find any retaining nut/screw to remove first. The handle appears to be one piece with no cover over any retaining nut/screw.

Lambo

Back to top Go down

Rear sliding door cards Empty Re: Rear sliding door cards

Post by PFM Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm

There is a wire clip where the plastic shaft on the back of the handle fits over the metal spindle that protrudes through the card. Shaped like the greek letter Omega, this can be seem by pushing the card against the door and squeezing your face to the door, looking at the handle. A slim screwdiver can be used to push the clip (usually up) and off the shaft.

I recommend you do this with the doors shut - when they release the clips can fly a good way (hence also referred to as 'Jesus clips'), and with the door open you might never find it again.

To reassemble, put clip on handle and push over spindle - if only it were that easy to remove!

You'll probably find the plastic part of the handle where the cable fits has broken, time for a new handle. I've got them from www.hijetparts.co.uk, good price and great service.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Black Van Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 pm

I recommend tying a piece of thin string or similar to the clip so that if you need to remove it again, it's a damn sight easier. With mine, I chiselled a hole in the handle where I thought a screw might be, then eventually gave up and cut a slot in the door liner to get access to the handle mechanism. Only then did I discover the clip.

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Little Black Van wrote:I recommend tying a piece of thin string or similar to the clip so that if you need to remove it again, it's a damn sight easier.
I'd call that a top tip (unless you have a MPV and carry kids with fingers itching for something to pull).

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Rear sliding door cards Empty Thank you

Post by Lambo Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks for letting me know how to remove the rear door handle guys. Is the handle to open the window fixed in the same way?
I also drilled into the handle where I thought a screw should be. Next question, where can I get a new inner door handle if I can't repair the original one which is now looking like it has been attacked by a mad man (not far wrong there) seen outer handles on e bay not inner ones. (not checked the for sale bit on this forum yet, but will do)

Lambo

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Yes the winder is the same I recommend using a pick set to remove the clip I fin it easier than a screwdriver don't know about the inner handle as not needed one myself so never looked.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down