Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comfort improvement musings

3 posters

Go down

Comfort improvement musings Empty Comfort improvement musings

Post by Brainsparks30 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:50 am

Its come the point now where I am undertaking longer journeys, and comfort, or the lack of it, has become a problem. I am wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the ride? scratch
And if there is, I might well go looking for another Hi-jet, rather than go further than with the present one, preferably a 4x4 diesel MPV which is in condition better overall.
Is there another diesel 4x4 ''Hi-jet alike'' which is just a lot nicer overall? I want to make biodiesel from waste oil and most of the roads I use are are so crappy I will need all wheel drive just to get out of the next crater Laughing

Brainsparks30
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Comfort improvement musings Empty Re: Comfort improvement musings

Post by 8bit-ash Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:48 am

You'll struggle to find a 4x4 let alone a diesel 4x4. Take out the overload spring from the leaf spring pack, That'll instantly improve you ride. A set of wider wheel and road tyres too helped me. Add a nicer steering wheel and possibly some comfy seats and thats about it I think.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm

I find mine ok on reasonably smooth roads, racing seats, sports steering wheel help the ergonomics. I did find the alloys with lower profile tyres made a difference as well. There was a 4wd Jet on Scumtree lately, think thats the only one i've seen

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/hijet-2003-13-16v-efi-lpg-4x4-van-1900/94933331
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down