Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware ! - Van for sale.

2 posters

Go down

Beware ! - Van for sale. Empty Beware ! - Van for sale.

Post by jetex Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:29 pm

I’ve just sold a blue Hi-Jet van, registration number L930 CCW to a man who lives near me in Liverpool. He told me his brother owns an m.o.t station. I told him mine wouldn’t pass an m.o.t as it needed two headlamps, 3, possibly 4 tyres, the horn and windscreen washers didn’t work and it needed wiper blades. He put it in for an m.o.t and obviously, it failed miserably. The buyer told me that it was extensively corroded underneath and needed welding. He was well aware of the condition of the van when I sold it to him for £550. Four days later, it was m.o.t’d and taxed. Yes, it had two new headlights and some cosmetic work to the outer body. About a month later (as I write now), it’s up for sale again, this time in Blackpool and with a price tag of £1650. If you’re considering buying this van, make sure you give it a good look underneath and make sure that any corrosion has been properly welded.

jetex
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Beware ! - Van for sale. Empty Re: Beware ! - Van for sale.

Post by PFM Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:05 am

Thanks for the warning.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down