Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone, my name is Trish,

2 posters

Go down

Hello everyone,   my name is Trish,  Empty Hello everyone, my name is Trish,

Post by Rosiepig1 Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:55 am

My sister and I bought a hijet camper van a couple of months back ( flatbed with a romahome attached. ) 2000 model.
We have had a fair amount of work done on it as it had no service history of any type and we were scared to take to the roads in case anything went wrong. It is now mechanically sound and has new tyres, but the fuel gauge doesn’t work which is a worry, any ideas.?
The headlight seems to have moved too and I have no idea how to get in to put it back in the correct place.
Hmmmm. Well it’s super to have found the forum and more people who own these cute little vehicles.
I’m looking forward to learning more, and getting out and about.

Rosiepig1

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone,   my name is Trish,  Empty Re: Hello everyone, my name is Trish,

Post by PFM Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:20 am

Hi and welcome, unfortunately this place isn't as busy as it used to be, but there is plenty of info available if you search for it.

Most likely culprit for the fuel gauge is the sender unit in the tank. Unfortunately the only way to get to it is to remove the tank, which can be a pain due to rusted bolts etc. I keep a pad on the dash and write the mileage down at every fill, re-fueling between 200 & 220 miles after that.

PFM
Jet Addict

Rosiepig1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone,   my name is Trish,  Empty Fuel gauge

Post by Rosiepig1 Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:49 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I will also keep a record in the front of the van for mileage and fuel usage. It seems to be the easiest and least expensive option, especially since all the work we get done has to be via the garage. Which can be very costly.

Rosiepig1

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone,   my name is Trish,  Empty Re: Hello everyone, my name is Trish,

Post by PFM Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:30 pm

You're welcome. I actually go a bit further than that, and keep a spreadsheet record of all fills, entering the date, literage, mileage and spend, which then calculates the distance between fills, MPG and overall MPG. The MPG can be useful to indicate problems, if it suddenly goes down. I've done this for every vehicle I've owned, since 2003. Sad, innit? Smile

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosiepig1 Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:20 am

That sounds good not at all sad. I will try to do likewise, although It will take a bit of time to get into it and remember to write in my log book. My daughter does hers every morning before leaving for work as she runs a company car! Always thought it a good idea. I normally do it on long trips to see what mileage I’m doing and what each trip costs me😃. Thanks for the advice . Im keeping a log of everything I spend on the little van now as it has no log book, service history notes or anything.

Rosiepig1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum