Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust system and radiator wanted

3 posters

Go down

Exhaust system and radiator wanted  Empty Exhaust system and radiator wanted

Post by Lady Dunn Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:01 am

Hello,

Desperate to keep my 2002 Hijet on the road. I need to replace a radiator, catalytic converter, front and rear exhaust with fittings. Can anyone help.

Cheers,

Amanda

Lady Dunn

Back to top Go down

Exhaust system and radiator wanted  Empty Re: Exhaust system and radiator wanted

Post by PFM Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm

For the rad, I'd try a local radiator refurb firm to get it re-cored, probably cheaper than a new one. You can get rear silencers and cats from ebay and other places. If you really need the front piece it might again be cheaper to get a system made up. I'm presuming you have a van, and are somewhere in the UK - and idea of where might help.

PFM
Jet Addict

Lady Dunn and MiniTruckerSaul like this post

Back to top Go down

Exhaust system and radiator wanted  Empty Re: Exhaust system and radiator wanted

Post by PFM Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:18 pm

Just noticed that GSF do a cat section currently discounted to £69. Part No :CESCATDU021Z. Regis Exhausts have rear boxes for £110 (van) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115494826963?hash=item1ae40733d3:g:CpoAAOxyJs5RcjZn or £112 for the pickup. Have just ordered one for my van.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bob.prior Wed May 03, 2023 1:55 pm

Hi PFM - i think that there are no catalytic convertors made for Hijets & Porters post 2001 as the emissions regulations changed from 2002 onwards and for some reason they are no longer available. I think your only hope is either finding a secondhand one or replace with a pre 2002 CAT & take it to a dodgy MOT station. They must be about because i often see hijets for sale with beam benders fitted and they should be a MOT fail.

bob.prior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed May 03, 2023 7:39 pm

Hi Bob, well the regs may have changed but that cat shows on the GSF site as fitting Hijets from May 1998 to October 2005, when they stopped importing them. AFAIK my '08 Porter exhaust is the same as my '02 Hijet was. The back boxes are definitely the same.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bob.prior Thu May 04, 2023 1:31 pm

That's interesting, I would be very interested to find out if it does pass the MOT. I had to pay £300 odd for a secondhand CAT 3 years ago. I bought a back box for my 2006 Porter a few years ago and that was OK but still not sure about the CAT, but hopefully they have started making them again, there must be thousands of Porters in Italy that need them.

bob.prior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down