Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Somerset

2 posters

Go down

Hi from Somerset Empty Hi from Somerset

Post by Pocalyptix Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:51 pm

Hi!

Adam from Somerset UK.  Bought myself a project.  1998 Daihatsu Hijet microbus 1.3 16v efi.  Total newbie to wrenching on cars; prior to this my only mechanical attempts centred around bikes.

Bus was owned by a dog groomer / walker so absolutely filthy and smelt real bad.  I’ve stripped most of the interior including the headliner and will be running primarily with only the front seats.  Mountain bikes and skateboards in the back as well as space to pull on the pads for me and my lad.  

I intend to do all the work myself apart from welding (have a pacemaker so not allowed and using my left arm can be a bit tricky so will be interesting).  Lots of dents, dings and bits of rust on panels to play with as well as making up my own door cards / interior.  I intend to replace the wheels for something more funky (alloys) install bucket seats and possibly a removable steering wheel.  A simple and minimal fun ‘buggy bus’ to carry my toys; apologies to the purists!  Look forward to posting and learning from all your experiences!

Pocalyptix

Back to top Go down

Hi from Somerset Empty Re: Hi from Somerset

Post by PFM Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:06 am

Welcome, always good to see pics.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down