Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google ranking

4 posters

Go down

Google ranking Empty Google ranking

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:27 am

This site suffers from not being on google, if you type in "hijet owners forum" or "club" it doesn't appear.

I think this is due to domain management or lack of, hijetowners.co.uk or something needs registering and redirecting at hijet.forumotion.com so the forums google ranking is increased. We could do with being page 1 number 1 really.

Once the domain is in place it needs some coverage on the likes of wikipedia, some directories, other car clubs etc, before you know it the forum will have good ranking.

I nearly registered it last night but I thought it might make you feel undermined. If you dont mind i'll register it.

Matt
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Google ranking Empty Re: Google ranking

Post by leopard_pagan Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:22 pm

i keep on adding it to wikipedia "hijet" but some fucker keeps on removing the link!
i also added this URL to google search when i launched it. like you i never seem to find it on google!
so far i have stayed away from domains due to cost. + at the mo i dont know how to shift the forum from here to a new domain.
i have heard/seen of a few bad Hosts who cant cope with visitor numbers/bandwidth.

can we register a domain name... add that URL to google and set up a auto forwarding page to here?
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:01 pm

Yes, you can just forward the domain

The "add to google" page does nothing, they dont just add sites like that. If other sites that rank well on google contain a link to your site, you will then end up on the google database. If your sites content scores well it will rank higher. A forum will never rank that highly due to the nature of its hearsay content, but if we were to add a collection of proper pages containing proper static html (or a wiki or blog etc) the site will rank well and also will the content of the forum. ( I know this much as an old friend is a search engine optimisation geek, and owns/runs a firm called SEO Ltd in macclesfield. He also has promised me if I wanted to, I could spend a day in the office with him with a site and he'd show me how to increase its ranking.)

Would be happy to host the site on my hosting account and give you admin rights to the forum etc, and together we could build up a website with part numbers, how to's, FAQ's, model information, members vans etc.

Still feel that opening the club up to some more mini vans types would make a more highly populated and enjoyable forum.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:29 pm

hmmm intersting indeed.
do you yahoo messenger at all? or are on facebook?
my Yahoo ID is leopard_pagan
my facebook is beackrowbikers@yahoo.co.uk

easier to chat "live" maybe some time this weekend.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:19 pm

I do use facebook occasionally but I have the chat feature always offline as I feel that not chatting to people who try to chat with me would be rude. I try to keep off facebook really as I don't like the 'keeping up with the jones' vibe I get off many people on my 'friends' list.

And on another downer I dont use MSN or yahoo etc either!

But I check this place far too many times a day so get on the PM's Smile

I don't get much chance to sit on a computer for long so I tend to have a quick nosey on my phone when I'm having a fag and a brew. Usually ebay, daihard.org, pgmfi.org and this place.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 pm

sure.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:03 pm

have you read the PM i sent?
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:08 pm

Yes I have, been a bit swamped at the moment, we will be moving house friday/saturday and our new house isn't finnished yet. Only finnished most of the kitchen fit sunday, I've had to do a load of joinery to two of the bedrooms as the carpet fitters are coming thursday. Just got back in from preping for the glossing tomorrow. Its all a bit last minute rush this week! Still haven't finnished off the bathroom either, got to seal it all in and fit the shower screen and shower head, so not much to do in there for the time being. I'm doing 9am till 10pm 7 days a week. Roll on some time off.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:07 am

Shocked
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:37 pm

I will put a link from my website to this forum and also list the forum addy into my meta tags. This should get it found by the google bots.
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:08 pm

I've seen the googlebot logged into the forum a couple of times, also the msn bot.

The forum still doesn't seem to be getting listed, nor its content indexed which is such a shame. Phpbb2 might need some mods installing or something to let the googlebots work the content, I dont really know what i'm on about though!

More links will help but having a proper domain and some content other than a phpbb might get things going. A site map would help too.

I'd guess that the link on wikipedia has probally given the google bots some direction.

Are you clued up Tukz in seo etc?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:59 pm

wouldn't have a clue what seo is but my mate is a top it bloke and another mate is a forum geezer. I'll ask there advice if you like?.
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 am

i have been persistent with the link on wiki. i added it, someone kept on removing it, i just kept on adding it. i guess they have got the idea i will keep doing so and has left it.

what i had planned is to register a domain name + get hosting. create a .index page (with lots of meta tags) that forwards on to here. i am sure the rest of the site will grow further than just a "forum"
eg .index (welcome page/about), Forum, links, DIY How tos, etc etc--suggestions?
one of the main hurdles is the domain name... what do we call this? originally i created this from the lack of Hijet info. but i have seen there are other mini-vans in the same predicament.
if you think of a name, click on any domain name selling co and see if its available. then post it up here.
2nd issue was cost of the domain/host. i am with streamline.net on a decent package that cost £40-50 for the year.

i have been meaning to look at this this break, but i have been swamped with issues from a large charity event i organise that i have had to get sorted while i am off.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

I use dreamweaver to create my websites. Have you ever made a website before?. I'm no expert but would be willing to design/help if you want/need?.

to see what my sites look like have a look at:

www.tuktuktravel.co.uk
and
www.jasmineguesthouse.co.uk
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Google ranking Empty website

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi my missus used to use streamline but as a shop it had loads of floors and also was never able to be found on google, hence has changed to piczo.com and now comes up top when the shop name is searched ( www.thread-bare.piczo.com ) she's been on there just over a year and it is free.

Rich.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:39 am

yes i use CS4 DWeaver in a mixture of design and html view.
the last site i Built is my motorcycle club site 3 years ago
www.beckrowbikers.co.uk
i also maintain another www.bikerfestuk.co.uk

design wise i'd like to keep the same colours as we have in this forum, nav bar in the same place (top- vert)
Streamline are hosts for both the 2 links, if you google beck row my site is in the top 5-8, google beck row bikers and we are top. but after 3 years, loads of links to bike shops, other sites and all sorts.. it should be.
biker fest was created 3 months ago and is linked with beck row bikers.

main thing is a domian name....the rest will come.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down