Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JC Leisure Piaggio Porterhome wanted - can you advise?

3 posters

Go down

JC Leisure Piaggio Porterhome wanted - can you advise? Empty JC Leisure Piaggio Porterhome wanted - can you advise?

Post by minicamper Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m a new poster and I’ve been looking for any sellers of the Piaggio Porter conversions JC Leisure made 15 or so years ago. I’ve spoken to them directly but they couldn’t help me. As you all seem to know your onions I wondered if you could help me find the right places to look - and also offer some advice if there is a reason I can’t find them anywhere (did they all break?). I am not handy at all so am not looking to convert my own, but have always wanted a Hijet or Porter camper and seeing the 4-berths with a pop-top made my head explode.

I can’t post the link to the place I read about it because I’m new but hopefully you’ll know what I’m talking about.

Thank you ever so much in advance

minicamper

Back to top Go down

JC Leisure Piaggio Porterhome wanted - can you advise? Empty Re: JC Leisure Piaggio Porterhome wanted - can you advise?

Post by Roddy Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:26 pm

I don't know of any, or even recall seeing one. Most are 2 berth Romahomes. I can only suggest all of the usual selling places, and maybe try some wanted ads. How many did JC Leisure convert? If it was only a dozen, it would explain the scarcity. Good luck.

Roddy
Clubman

Back to top Go down

JC Leisure Piaggio Porterhome wanted - can you advise? Empty Re: JC Leisure Piaggio Porterhome wanted - can you advise?

Post by minicamper Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:50 pm

Thanks Roddy! I don’t know how many they did, unfortunately. Thanks for your reply, I’ll keep looking.

minicamper

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:10 am

The JC Leisure/Devon conversions (basically the same thing) are few and far between in good condition, they are out there but not that many now. If you want one you will just need to keep an eye on eBay or the usual other sites to see if one pops up. They do come up and some at silly prices so just be aware and do your checks first.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by minicamper Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:57 am

Ah thanks so much. I've decided to go with a 2004/5 Carry (with the extra bit of bonnet) and get it converted to my own spec. Looking forward to trying to make the space work, and then getting out on some (slow) adventures. I'll keep you posted for interest's sake when it's all underway!

minicamper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down