Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales

4 posters

Go down

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Empty Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales

Post by Action Van Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Perhaps not the best photo,but here is the van.I'll post some of the interior soon.Rear wheels still to paint.

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Walesjuly2011030
Action Van
Action Van

Back to top Go down

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Empty action van

Post by bones 851 Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Nice van i can see the potential if your going with the action (man) van theme, however attention, dont come out on parade without those boots (wheels ) polished ha!, ha!, happy motoring,,,,bones Mad
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Empty Re: Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales

Post by Action Van Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Cheers Bones.You guessed right with the Action Man theme.Nothing too serious,just a bit of fun,(which I've always thought the Hijet has in spades).
If the olive drab scheme is overdone there is a tendency for the owner to look a bit like some sort of survivalist nutter.
The Welsh trip was the first 'mission' in the van,and it went well.I am pleased with the way that the camperisation has worked out ,though the possible addition of a side window could be in order,and the blackout needs to be improved,for the more 'stealthy' camping situations.It is essentially a one man set up,though it was originally conceived as a two berth.The whole thing is easier to use with one person.Best of all,the entire rig is easily removed and stored.
Action Van
Action Van

Back to top Go down

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Empty on parade,

Post by bones 851 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 pm

the survivalist nutter part made me laugh for ages!!!!, i had picked up an old 70's style awning that matched the 70's curtains , gone of the traditional hippy van look, i have now had a bit of a re-pray (self done with cover of patio awning as spray tent ha! ha!) now looking at dakar rally style pics up soon. you might be able get your self some tank webbing, and use that for an awning, i use mine as 2 berth, have modified camp beds to fit side by side, small stove , most of my gear and bikes is kept in the awning or locked in the roof box, there is an old pic of the van with bikes and box on roof on this site , pre obtaining the batman alloys.... drove down to wooler last wekend , i swear other cars almost crashed going by staring in the windows it was a hoot.,,,,, happy motoring ..... What a Face
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Empty Re: Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales

Post by Action Van Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Happy motoring indeed.I have seen folks laughing at the van whilst in traffic,(mind you,it could be the V6 badge on the tailgate Very Happy )If they are happy,that's great.Life is too short not to have a bit of fun.I keep all my necessary stuff under the plywood and foam sleeping deck.It works really well,and is quite comfy.Looking forward to the Paris-Dakar pics.Sand paint job and jerry cans on the roof I assume?
Action Van
Action Van

Back to top Go down

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Empty dakar or bust....

Post by bones 851 Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:14 pm

bo hoo !!, i picked up some very cheep chunky tires at boot sale, now garage tells me they can only be used off road only, damned road laws, still have rear light guards and friend is welding up a front protector ( damned hard to find one to fit.) never thoght about the jerry can bit though, some etnie sponsor ship decals and of course the paris dakar sign, thought about some mud splats on arches but now you mention the sand , ah !!!!!,
continuing with work this weekend now weather is better....bones..... bounce
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Tyres marked for off road that's what a little sand paper and boot polish is for Wink
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Action Van in action........assault on fortress Wales Empty sand paper, boot polish

Post by bones 851 Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:06 am

cheers rich i get the idea, will run it past him 2 day, got the 2 of them for £10, would not have been a great loss, however the sand paper and boot polish ah,,,,, Razz
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffheron Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:20 pm

I like the background looks like you are on old army building.

jeffheron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down