Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone fitted a gas heater / best place to drill?

Go down

Anyone fitted a gas heater / best place to drill? Empty Anyone fitted a gas heater / best place to drill?

Post by cvw76 Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:11 am

Hi,

I have a propex heater, I'm going to fit it into my 2007 piaggio porter box van. Then get my handy-work checked out by a gas engineer, obviously.

Anyone done similar before on a Porter/Hijet? Looking for the best place to drill the 32mm intake and exhaust holes into the floor, avoiding any structural points on the van chassis. I'm thinking near to the battery tray area, as I have a unit in the back and it would fit nicely there. Looking under the van, it looks like that avoids anything structural.

Anyone had experience drilling into the floor of these vans?

Cheers,

cvw76
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Anyone fitted a gas heater / best place to drill? Empty Re: Anyone fitted a gas heater / best place to drill?

Post by cvw76 Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:46 pm

I drilled through near to the back door, close to the wheel arch on the van LHS (nearside on RH drive UK vehicle). It's actually really easy to see underneath the van, that side is pretty clear of anything and you can see the ridged shape of the floor underneath. In case anyone else puts in a heater/electric hookup/waste water pipe, and looking for a safe area to drill.

This video was really helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB_7Iqafq0U

cvw76
Clubman

Back to top Go down