Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hijet pick up 2001

Go down

hijet pick up 2001 Empty hijet pick up 2001

Post by wee phil Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:21 am

wanted speedo cable for my hijet pickup as the van are diff size by 5 inch

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

hijet pick up 2001 Empty Re: hijet pick up 2001

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 am

Phil. Conversation Deleted.

Last edited by Woodie on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:30 am

i get you point but dont think you read the msg on fb right he wanted a price then he put it up by 20 pound and as far as the switch goes for 12 pound i dont no where to get one from or i would have and a speedo cable still not got one

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 am

I am not going to comment on that any more Phil.
As regards your speedo cable - has it broken completely or is it - or was it flickering the needle all over the place??
If the needle was smooth then it sounds like the inner nylon sleeve is OK. You should then be able to just remove and replace the inner cable leaving the outer cable in place.

If not, it is rather a pain to to have to change the whole cable - but gotta be done.
I would be able to send you an inner cable early in the week, but if it is the whole cable then it will be more difficult for me to sort out as I will have to remove one from a pick up in the yard and the weather is not good here for the next four days. I will see what I can do for you Phil after the weekend.

Can't do anything before then, as my 19 year old Grandaughter leaves on Friday to live in Canada so we have got a family get together all over the weekend.
I will get it in touch with you after the weekend - but in the meantime let me know on here, if you think you need just the inner cable or the whole cable.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 am

yes woodie it has broken at the clock end and i would like you to take post down about me on facebook that was a heated argument on both sides

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:05 am

thanks woodie the inner cable is what i need the rest seems fine

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 am

sorry woodie the needle did flicker eratic but when i went to look it had broke in side the clock but i got it out ok

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:24 pm

OK Phil I will sort you out an inner cable on the first dry day next week. Thank you for taking my comments in the spirit I intended it to be. I am not on Facebook any more and I couldn't take it down even if I was. It I think is down to Gavin or you may be able to do that yourself.

I honestly don't know. I loathe Facebook. I just occasionally reinstall it, look at any posts for myself and what bits people are looking for and then I uninstall it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 pm

ok stuart thankyou how mutch will it be and can you send paypal details so i can put the money in my daughters account to pay you

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

Good morning Phil. I managed to get over to the garage yesterday afternoon. I got the inner speedo cable off for you. It is parcelled up and ready to go.

Please send me £13 for the cable and post and packing.

To fit the inner cable, you need to remove the old one from the outer cable shroud at the Gearbox end of the cable. No need to to anything at the speedo end other than re-connect anything you may have already removed. Put the new one up into the cable shroud. Sometimes the knurled round screwthread on cable can be a pain to get off the gear box. I generally use a pair of mole grips to loosen it.

Make sure that you send your address and phone number to  my email address along with the PayPal payment to :
thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Regards Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 am

thanks alot stuart i have the whole cable of but easy to fit back on will get that money posted later today my car has an mot at 12 so will do it when out

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Phil. Inner Cable posted and on its way to you First Class Post. May even arrive tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:09 pm

thanks very mutch stuart well happy

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 pm

stuart this my sound stupid but see if theres no cable attatched to speedo clocks would it make it slow down when doing bout 60 and not respond it was doing that and had to turn ignition on and of quick

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 pm

100% yes Phil. The speedometer has a speed sensor in it and if it packs up as it often does then the Speed Sensor tells the ECU. that the vehicle is just sitting with the engine idling on Tickover and cuts the amount of fuel going to the injection system. If you are traveling at anything over 40 45 it will cut the fuel and the engine will just slow right down to Tickover and will not respond to the throttle pedal. If you leave it Ticking over for a couple of minutes then it will reset itself - and away you go again - until it cuts out again.

In my experience with this problem if you sit at 40 - 45 mph in top gear it will be OK. As soon as you raise the speed - so after not too far it will cut out again and not respond to the throttle pedal.
Leave it Ticking over for a few minutes and away you go again.

If the speedo cable breaks and consequently not registering any speed - it has exactly the same symptoms as if the speed sensor has malfunctioned.

I have sent you an inner speedo cable this afternoon and with any luck should be with you tomorrow. Once you have put that in the outer cable your speedometer should be registering and your engine dying problem - should have died with it too. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 pm

thats brilliant stuart thanks onece again i will let you no when all back togeather

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 pm

update stuart got inner cable the other day all fitted and working fine thanks very mutch for that

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:36 am

Great!! Thanks very much for letting me know Phil. Glad it has done the trick. Much easier than changing the whole cable isn't it??

By the way for everyone's reference - I think that you were misinformed. The 993cc speedo cable is 5" shorter than the 1300 and Van and Pickup are both the same length.

Still envious of your Bargain buy. I would love to have bought Logi's pretty blue van. Just can't find any more room for vehicles and anyway, I couldn't do that length of journey anymore. The journey to Berwick-on-Tweed a couple of years ago before the two Strokes was enough for me then.
I was offered a 1300 van last week for spares for silly money here on the Island. Sadly I had to turn it down.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 am

yeah stuart it was easy to do thats a pity bout the van on the island but if you dont have the room for it theres not mutch you could do bout it and thanks for the information bout the length of cables good to no that

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down