Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insurance costs.

+2
Raggy
gazza01
6 posters

Go down

insurance costs. Empty insurance costs.

Post by gazza01 Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 am

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you found any good insurance deals on the hijet. I thought my recent and first on the van was pretty high, but couldn't find it cheaper.
I am 53 yrs old, with many years no claims. The van is an s85 valued at £500. With limited mileage of 5000 miles a year and a £150 excess. Insured it as personal and pleasure, not to be used for work. With an immobiliser and kept on a driveway in a good area. Fully comp. turned down all the extra nonsense they try to add on. And I still couldn't get it for less than £275 a year. Which I thought was a bit strong. Have any of you found any good deals out there. And if so who with?

gazza01
Clubman

Back to top Go down

insurance costs. Empty Re: insurance costs.

Post by Raggy Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:36 am

Mine valued more but suppose similar and I pay more than that ( but I do have to insure it for work use as well) but it sounds an OK price
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:09 am

Insurance is very variable, what someone pays for the same van depends on a lot of unrelated things.
Im around £140 a year with the Post Office, own goods business use. My vans valued at £2K.
Best thing is simply to shop around, don't jist nip on the singing fatty or the cute rats comparison site, check out other companies not on there. I have cover with business use cheaper than without?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 am

I was with The Post Office 2016/17 at around £145.00. Their renewal quote was ridiculous so I didn't. Started again, this time went with One Call at £210.00. It wasn't the cheapest listed - prices started from around £190 but it offered the best cover. Also I found that including the missus on the policy made it slightly cheaper. I checked out several companies dealing exclusively with van type insurance not listed on the comparison websites and some of their quotes were laughable.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Try Admiral Van Insurance, my 2002 1.3 EFI is less than £160.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gra Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm

£199 - A Plan, with full business use.

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down