Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can i swap a CD20 for a CB23 in 1984 hijet

2 posters

Go down

Can i swap a CD20 for a CB23 in 1984 hijet Empty Can i swap a CD20 for a CB23 in 1984 hijet

Post by bexi Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi all,
I have a 1984 Hijet here in Australia with a CD20 motor in it.
I have spent hours and hours and hours on the internet trying to find information on this motor but there is nothing!
The motor in the hijet is gone in the bottom end and I have had one wrecker her in australia tell me a cb23 (993cc charade motor) will bolt straight in.
Is there anyone who has actually done this and can confirm that it's a straight forward swap?
When i say straight forward swap, I expect that i should just be able to bolt the original CD20 engine mounts onto the cb23 motor and bolt it all straight in and line up normally with my 4 speed gearbox.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Bexi

bexi

Back to top Go down

Can i swap a CD20 for a CB23 in 1984 hijet Empty Re: Can i swap a CD20 for a CB23 in 1984 hijet

Post by bexi Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:49 pm

I am so disappointed that no-one has been able to answer this simple question for me as i thought it would be a common question for anyone to ask who has a hijet with an 850 motor in it.

I am however, happy to be able to help anyone else who needs to know this in the future and am pleased to say that YES, the motor's are interchangeable.

There are many things which need to be changed over but the main thing to know is that the 2 engine blocks are the same.

You will need to use all the hijet running gear such as manifolds, alternator, gearbox, sump and pick up, waterpump etc etc

bexi

Back to top Go down

Can i swap a CD20 for a CB23 in 1984 hijet Empty Re: Can i swap a CD20 for a CB23 in 1984 hijet

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi thats handy to know hope all goes well with your conversion.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down