Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under

+2
Raggy
Doughboybakes
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under Empty looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under

Post by Doughboybakes Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Hey guys!

I'm looking for an old shape Hijet for my company. I want to do it up and sell t-shirts out of it at festivals. I can't seem to find them under £1000 I'm looking for one around £500-800 does anyone know of some going? or have any going Very Happy

Thanks !!

Joel
Doughboybakes.com

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under Empty Re: looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under

Post by Raggy Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:17 pm

In what way do you mean old shape? Different grill etc? then that's a 993cc and you'd be better off with a 1.3, different grill but essentially the same body. Mine in the pic is a 97' 993 but for what you want go for the 1.3 post 97'. Can't think of a reason why not for your requirements.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under Empty Re: looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under

Post by Doughboybakes Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Raggy wrote:In what way do you mean old shape? Different grill etc? then that's a 993cc and you'd be better off with a 1.3, different grill but essentially the same body. Mine in the pic is a 97' 993 but for what you want go for the 1.3 post 97'. Can't think of a reason why not for your requirements.

Hey mate, The older models have a flatter front the newer ones have a pointy one

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under S-l16010
looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under S-l16011

Im going for the blue one.

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 pm

What im aiming to do

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under 15151710
looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under 17204410

Since it goes with our new T-shirt !

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under 14696810

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Or you could alter the pic on the shirt? Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Logi wrote:Or you could alter the pic on the shirt? Wink
I could but i like the older look way more that flat perfection haha Very Happy

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks mate. Iv actually tried to contact both of them i can't afford to pay over 1k for it since I'm gonna be putting money into parts and mods ! im trying to talk them down at the moment Very Happy

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm

First of all you don't tell us where you are in the country. That detail, is rather handy.
Secondly. Don't touch diesel Hi-Jets. They are extremely bad news. 34bhp, gutless and thirsty. Gallon of petrol, and a box of matches is the best thing for one of those.

Sometimes the older 993cc models actually make more money than the newer models if they are in very tidy condition. They do look good with the squarer lines. How far are you prepared to travel too? All very helpful details to enable members to find you the right van for your needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:16 pm

debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by debz Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:17 pm

It's not an old one but have a look
debz
debz
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:41 am

Woodie wrote:First of all you don't tell us where you are in the country. That detail, is rather handy.  
Secondly.    Don't touch diesel Hi-Jets. They are extremely bad news. 34bhp, gutless and thirsty. Gallon of petrol, and a box of matches is the best thing for one of those.

Sometimes the older 993cc models actually make more money than the newer models if they are in very tidy condition. They do look good with the squarer lines.  How far are you prepared to travel too?  All very helpful details to enable members to find you  the right van for your needs.

Hey mate, Thanks for the response. Sorry I didnt tell you where abouts im from. Im in Winchester UK but im willing to travel 2-3 hours I just want the right van Very Happy why are the diesels so bad? i was considering that white diesel 1.3 that logi posted from ebay.

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 am

Just across the Solent from me then on the Isle of Wight. How desperate are you timewise to find a Hi-Jet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Well how about spending your money and finding out just what a load of rubbish they are.. Expensive way to learn. They are totally gutless 34bhp,the same as an 850 Mini. The 1400 was a little better at 44bhp. They are poor on fuel consumption and buying a now 20 years old Diesel is in my opinion sheer madness.
If you want to just make it look gorgeous and Trailer it to events to stand and look pretty that's fine. But if you want to have one to show off your new business you will soon be out of business. Find one and get the owner to start it up from cold. The dreadful noise the Lombardini engine makes when cold would be heard in Southampton and the smoke and fumes can be awful. Is that the image you want for your business?? I hardly think so. People WILL judge you by the vehicle you drive. You will look a right pillock in your beautiful Van with nice wheels and flared arches and beautiful paint job, when you get humiliated by a 1959 Mini that you can't even keep up with. Really good for business. Every Boy Racer in your area is going to want to take you on at the traffic lights and the A34 or M3. And will you have an answer for them??? NOT A CHANCE.
So take some time to reflect on what I am saying. I have been buying and selling cars since 1979 and have a little experience would you not guess??

The 993cc 3 cylinder is a lovely sounding exhaust note especially with a Stainless Steel EXHAUST and a pretty looking little van. But the 1300 is 65bhp and goes really well is 16valve, fuel injected and is probably more fuel efficient than the 993cc Van which is 6 valve, and if you are carrying weight of your merchandise in there it is the best option especially if you can find one with Dual Fuel too..

This Forum exists on the knowledge and trials and errors of many very experienced owners. I have worked around Hi-Jets since 2002 and for two years that was on new Petrol/LPG 1300 Hi-Jets and 1400 Diesels. I was Service and Warranties Manager for Romahome at Cowes and drove dozens of brand new Hi-Jets.
Do a bit of research before you make a final decision on which model to buy. If you make a quick decision now you may spend a long time and lots of money customising it, only to regret your impulsive decision.
Just wait a while and look around and the right one for you will come along. And you will be pleased that you did. LISTEN TO GRANDAD........

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Woodie haha Thanks for enlightening me haha Very Happy I have zero clue what 44 or 65hp feels like haha i was guessing just crazy stupid slow. Iv been told to get a petrol and put a motorbike engine in it, which sounds pretty fun Twisted Evil I have about a month to get one I'm willing to wait for a good condition one with the right shape! Very Happy The reason I came on this forum was to get advice from people who have experience with hijets, so again thanks so much for the help because I literally almost bought a diesel haha.

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:01 am

I don't think they make a 1.3 pre 1998 do they? What do you think about the Bedford Rascals?

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:22 am

Only problem with a Motor Bike engine is no reverse gear. You are definitely going to loose your Street Credit being seen getting out of your Van and pushing it backwards into a parking space. lol!
Absolutely stonking fun in a forward direction but very embarrassing in a rearward direction. II believe that there are ways to overcome the lack of reverse gear besides having a heart attack pushing it backwards but I am not the person to ask on that matter. Highly Jetted put a bike engine in a pick-up last year and there is quite a lot on here about it if you do a bit of digging. All right in a pick-up, but not what you want in a van with nice new clothes hanging in the back.

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under 20140211

This 1100cc Honda Bike Engined Pick-Up up lives in Newport here on the Isle of Wight.
He bought a diesel pick up rolling shell off of me 3 years ago to put a 4litre 32 valve V8 BMW 740 engine in the pickup bed. Sheer lunacy. But it was for the drawstring.
I sold the Diesel engine to a chap in Norwich who had a ride on Tractor Mower with the Lombardini 1200 engine in it.. It didn't matter to him the noisy fumey engine whilst riding around his Paddock cutting the grass and worms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:28 am

Bedford Rascal's ??? Now don't get me fired up again. Go to bed. It's way past your bedtime. And mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:36 am

cool shirt  Cool
just take woodies advice an get a GOOD 1.3 one
if its all about the round lights you can convert a 1.3 type to round lights.
this one in the picture is a 1.3 with golf 2 headlights(lots of cool aftermarket options like angel eyes/crosshair etc) and the older type bumper.

so newer type of hijet with older type front.
does take some mods but looks cool

looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under 20160782

oh yeah and rascals and carrys are awesome, hijets suck
looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under 34178910

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 am

Yeah but that's a pickup! they have a different shape. Sorry I'm like a crazy perfectionist and I hate the pointiness of the newer hijets Sad and from what I have read its crazy hard to get the flat face on the newer hijets.

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:57 am

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:23 am

Barry im guessing you the owner of that? Very Happy

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:41 am

Doughboybakes wrote:Yeah but that's a pickup! they have a different shape. Sorry I'm like a crazy perfectionist and I hate the pointiness of the newer hijets Sad and from what I have read its crazy hard to get the flat face on the newer hijets.

i was only talking about the front
pickup and van have the same front offcourse..

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughboybakes Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:43 am

Scotia is there anyplace i can find out how to do this? so i can look into it

Doughboybakes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 am

arent the bodyshapes the same?
i think they just have a different grill/headlights/bumper etc
the body is the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 am

Doughboybakes wrote:Scotia is there anyplace i can find out how to do this? so i can look into it

yes his topic is here.

wait a minute i will post the link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 am

he is not often online anymore but i have his phonenumber
if you have any questions i am willing to ask him..no problemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:25 am

and if you dont want to do the custom steelwork he did regarding the corners/headlightsuroundings.
maybe you could fit older shape headlightsuroundings with round headlights.

like this
looking Hijet old shape 1997 and under Pasku511
that would be easier than making your own from scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:44 am

Wow!! That is a great trip down memory lane.. I watched his amazing transformation for months last year.
Thanks very much for that reminder Scotia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next