Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me?

+3
dennispenis
Raggy
Logi
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it just me?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it just me?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 am

Something Fishy about that Hi-Jet lol!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 am

He he.......its been a giggle since I last popped in......now that is a turd thats been washed, not even an attempt at a polish!......perfect example of......"You'll get at least free graand faar dat mate, that's what they all go for on ebay"......lol
Theres a 2003 one up for 6.5 Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:40 am

Yes there are always daydreamers about on E-bay. What amazes me is that some people are stupid enough to pay that much. Still, I suppose I have had more than my fair share of silly money for Hi-Jets, Honda's and Bedfords.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Woodie......I'm shocked.......are you saying you take full advantage of unsuspecting stupid people, how could you, go to the naughty step..... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:55 am

Yes, actually I could probably flog that too to some unsuspecting idiot - - er, Nick, could I interest you in a - - - no,, somebody on the Island would buy that.

The great days of buying Hi-Jets and Honda's cheap have gone and then making a mint out of them unfortunately.

Two years ago I bought an X reg Hi-Jet Romahome from Berwick upon Tweed, for £2000. It looked absolutely mint. 72,000 miles but naturally it had the Infamous Honda Romahome body on it with fixed windows. I didnt have time to sort out the issue on it, that of replacing the speedo head. So it ended up sitting on my drive for the winter and then the true picture came through. The chassis and cab were rusty - - big time. So I have lost a fortune on that one. But it has been very very rare I have lost any money on a Hi-Jet because they are worth more money as spares.

It is the right time of year to be selling Romahome bodies so I will be putting that one on Ebay and the body of my own one in my Avatar which I have had for at least 5 years and I have covered thousands of miles in on about 4 different vehicles from the original Honda to the present 04 plate Hi-Jet that I am going to put a Mk5 body on. So two two bodies to put on Ebay to Pull in some Pennies from Poor Punters, or so they make out.

They are never poor if they want something bad enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:54 am

MumsJet is either living in some alternative reality or a total troll wind up merchant. So you think you are going to get anything worth buying sub £1500 ? Bet you think houses are overpriced too.

10 years ago, there were loads of sub £500 hijets on the market. But since then they have all hit the crusher. I can prove it.

Is it just me?  - Page 2 Screen10

Demand outstrips supply in a big way. Also inflation nibbles away at your pocket money value.

In my worthless opinion:-

Van for parts only/scrapper = £150 to £350
Van for a project needs £1000+ spending = £350 to £800
Van with MOT but less than ideal = £800 to £1500
Pretty smart non hammered ones = starting at £1500 upwards depending on age and mileage
If its a "camper" then double it. Doesn't matter it its a proper camper or bodge camper, because people who buy into campers are often not that sharp, so they pay over the odds.

I wouldn't and haven't ever got involved in the camper market, or the camper people. Nor would I ever own one.

£4000 can pay for quite a few 2 night stays in 5* hotels. Where I don't have to shit in a bucket, someone cooks my breakfast and washes my bedding. Plus I don't have to drive a goofy wobble box down the motorway at snail pace.

I can drive my 20mpg V8 petrol luxury barge 400 miles to scotland in 4 hours, stay in the best hotel in town. Eat pretty good stuff and blitz back down the motorway 2 days later, and it's still cheaper than dragging a 15 year old Hijet through its annual MOT. Let alone sitting in the bastard thing for 6 + hours at 65mph on the motorway.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum