Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the middle ofCanada

3 posters

Go down

From the middle ofCanada Empty From the middle ofCanada

Post by RaceJet Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:18 am

Hi, my name is Morgan(male), 30yrs old, married, 3 kids, welder/fabricator by trade.

Will be getting a 1992 HiJet 4x4 with a blown engine from a friend. I plan on doing an utterly ridiculous engine swap so I can race it at the local Drag strip.

RaceJet

Back to top Go down

From the middle ofCanada Empty Re: From the middle ofCanada

Post by Raggy Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:08 am

Hi there, welcome to the forum' keep us posted on how you get on and plenty of photos.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:16 am

My Grandson lives in or rather near Winnipeg, about 25 miles  outside. Winnepeg is where that rather boring programme Ice Road Truckers is based I believe. 

How about telling us what utterly ridiculous engine swop atrocity you  are going to commit. Having only one Drag Strip in the UK ( apart from the Gay Night Clubs in London and Brighton) there aren't too many ludicrously powered Hi-Jet's over here. 

I am sure we would all be very interested in your plans for a Quick Jet. ( and not one that we could Lear at).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:21 am

welcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Welcome, looking very much forward to your posts about your crazy project

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceJet Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:02 am

I have a Cadillac v8 8.2L engine in stock form(other than dual 3 inch exhaust that will be going in it.  Little HiJet chassis will need a stretch and substantial reinforcement.  Getting a rear differential from a 1996 Ford Mustang.  I have 215/50r13 on 13x8 wheels for the front already.  Plan on running 295/50r15 rubber in the rear.

RaceJet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:49 am

RaceJet wrote:Little HiJet chassis will need a stretch and substantial reinforcement.
Well thats what I would call an understatement! Look forward to seeing pics of this.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:38 am

Hhhmmm.   Jeremy Clarkson described a  Mustang's  Suspension and Gearbox as from a Lorry. It is somewhat wider than a Hi-Jet one and 12" wide tyres as well. Interesting sized WheelArches to cover that lot. Is it purely for the DragStrip or will it be Road legal as well. 

There is an old Hi-Jet with a biggish V8 on  YouTube,   mid mounted but no gearbox - - just direct drive from the clutch and Flywheel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:24 pm

And we all know what alot of twaddle Clarkson says! Trouble is people keep paying him to say it.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:21 pm

You and I will always disagree about  the  Best thing on Telly since sliced bread. The  three of them had such an amazing  chemistry. It  was the  highest grossing programme on the BBC. Who is the daftest!?  You and me or the  three of them?

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceJet Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:05 am

It'll be road legal as well but will spend 90% of the time at the track. Will be using a 3 speed TH400 automatic transmission.

RaceJet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Woodie wrote:You and I will always disagree about  the  Best thing on Telly since sliced bread. The  three of them had such an amazing  chemistry. It  was the  highest grossing programme on the BBC. Who is the daftest!?  You and me or the  three of them?
Well, you and me are the daftest thats not doubted! He just gets paid more for being daft, now the other two I have no problem with, great pesenters.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:02 am

Hi again Morgan. Just wondering what progress you have made on your V8 shoehorn job in the Hi-Jet?? Have your plans come to fruition. If so have you got any photos to share??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum