Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New tyres on the market

3 posters

Go down

New tyres on the market Empty New tyres on the market

Post by Manks Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:41 am

Hi, anyone bought new tyres recently?  Looking about online, very few available and all brand names I have trouble pronouncing let alone having heard of them before!!!  The traditional brand names don't seem to do 12" 6ply Sad
What have you found?
Manks
Manks
Clubman

Back to top Go down

New tyres on the market Empty Re: New tyres on the market

Post by Logi Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:50 pm

I found fitting 13's means that I don't have to worry Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I use Nankang 155x12 8-ply. My local place charged £48 each all-in inc VAT when I had a couple last month. You're not likely to find any 6-ply, but 8-ply will satisfy insurers whereas 4-ply car tyres may not.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Manks Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:36 pm

PFM wrote:I use Nankang 155x12 8-ply. My local place charged £48 each all-in inc VAT when I had a couple last month. You're not likely to find any 6-ply, but 8-ply will satisfy insurers whereas 4-ply car tyres may not.
Thanks, that was one that I saw at a reasonable price but I've never heard of them before!  Are they any good?  I'm a bit paranoid about unknown brands as I had a bad accident on some a while ago, they were fine in the dry but no grip at all in the wet!!! And it rains a lot here in Northern Ireland Mad
Manks
Manks
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:16 pm

We seem to like Nankang Tyres down here -  or the tyre suppliers do as they are cheap to buy and sell at a budget price. 
Its like every thing in life though.  You get what you pay for.. 

I have got over 40 Hi-Jet wheels and tyres, some almost new,  but  the problem is the cost of sending them. The strip of water between the Isle of Wight and the Mainland doesn't add any additional cost  as we have many National Carriers based on the Island.  
For me it is just the aggro of banding them up to send them. Packing most spares up can be very time consuming which is one of the reasons I packed up sending out spare parts, particularly around the world. More hassle than it was worth, but using Matt's excellent website at the time suited us both. Kept money coming into my coffers and allowed Matt to move forward with his excellent Diagnostics Venture. 

Good times and I got to talk to and make friends on the phone with so many of our Forum members and be privileged to know so many of you with your real names and have some real laughs at how they had ended up with such ridiculous Forum names.

It's been a great 3 and a half years with so many laughs and a few angry moments too particularly the Idiot from America with the  25mph two speed Hi-Jet with a Mitsubishi engine.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Manks, my use is mainly plodding (or sometimes rushing) around town between my sites amd for that they're absolutely fine. No idea what they'd be like at 70 on a motorway in the wet though.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down