Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWO STROKE - - HOPEFULLY NOT FOUR STROKE !!

+8
PFM
rich the mechanic
bendillon
andyk
HighlyJetted
Raggy
GEORDIE
sputnik
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TWO STROKE - -  HOPEFULLY NOT FOUR STROKE !!  Empty TWO STROKE - - HOPEFULLY NOT FOUR STROKE !!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:33 am

Well yesterday started off normally, with me out in my garage building a new workbench and rearranging tools. Had a bit of lunch at 2pm prior to a friend arriving at 2-30. He arrived and we were sat chatting for over an hour.

Suddenly at 3-50 my face started burning up and I felt dizzy and disorientated after standing up. I went into bedroom and knew that this was a Stroke. I tried calling Gayle but my speech was slurred. I was hot but couldn't get my jumper and shirt off. Then my left arm and leg lost all feeling and mobility. Gayle phoned for an Ambulance and within 10 minutes a Paramedic arrived and stuck a needle in my hand and loads of pads all over my chest, back and legs. Then suddenly in about 20 seconds my mobility and speech returned and I felt ok. Then ten minutes later it all happened again. Only worse.

Eventually Ambulance arrived and after what seemed an age got me in the Ambulance and under way to St Marys Hospital. About 5mins before arriving at Hospital suddenly again in around 20 seconds again, my mobility and speech came back. I was in the Hospital nearly 5 hours. I had an MRI Brain Scan and chest X-ray and couple of Cardiograms.

Apparently it was 2 Mini Strokes - TIA's they call them now, one after the other. So tomorrow have got to go in to the Stroke Unit for investigations on my heart. It has been misfiring for some years, so hopefully something will be done at last.

So for something totally foreign to me I have got to rest - - REST??? WASSAT? But worst of all I can't drive or work- obviously until this is sorted out.
So looks like my time will be spent driving everyone mad on here posting messages. May even post some pictures - - - - then again.......... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

TWO STROKE - -  HOPEFULLY NOT FOUR STROKE !!  Empty Re: TWO STROKE - - HOPEFULLY NOT FOUR STROKE !!

Post by sputnik Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Blimey Woody, the lengths you'll go to for a bit of attention! Hope you are being well looked after and that you are on the mend soon - take care.

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

TWO STROKE - -  HOPEFULLY NOT FOUR STROKE !!  Empty Re: TWO STROKE - - HOPEFULLY NOT FOUR STROKE !!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Always been a drama Queen, but this is one drama I don't want to go through again. It was a bit scary at first but as always I laugh my way through seeing the funny side in even the darkest moments.
Thank you very much for your kind and amusing message. Got to keep a smile on my face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:37 pm

FFS not good Sad , do yourself a favour and take it easy mate, sometimes the quacks do know what they're on about .

(and leave posting pics, the stress will kill you Razz )
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:45 pm

Thank you very much Logi. Yes I think that you are right about the picture posting.

Come to think of it I have lent my laptop to the friend that was here yesterday and witnessed the whole episode. I was more worried for him as he has just gone through some traumatic months recently.

Keeping positive about it all though. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Oh dear, that's sounds pretty scary!
Look after yourself, I don't care really but your our main supplier of parts now Surprised
Oh, ok, I do care, but don't go thinking I have feelings and stuff tongue
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by GEORDIE Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Do as your told for once Woodie,and get well,you wouldnt have been able to get to the Mainland the ferry wasnt running!!

GEORDIE
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:33 pm

GEORDIE wrote:Do as your told for once Woodie,and get well
Look like thats two of us giving you same advice!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Hope you keep well, look after yourself Woody, and relax FFS!!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by andyk Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Yikes sounds like bit of throttling back is in order. The UK Empire of Hijet can't afford to lose a cornerstone such as yourself especially for us romahome owners. Rest up, follow doc's orders and get well soon please!

andyk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Thank you all very much. Certainly has been a reality check, and that I am not the once invincible strong man I used to be even 2 year's ago before I had the fall down the stairs at work and ruptured my thigh muscle very seriously.
So now sensibility must reign. That's not the real me, but it is going to have to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Hey and while your taking it easy, maybe over the next few week, while you are pottering around doing nothing you can find a pair of mirrors for my pickup which have the typical flacid ball joints and maybe a minor crack.... y'know some that I could just about scrape an MOT with Wink
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by bendillon Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:36 am

Jeeeez Woodie! Hope that your dealing alright, and that it's all alright in the end!
bendillon
bendillon
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:26 am

Get well soon I'm sure that you will get some little bottles to make you rattle when you drive.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Well I joked about Four Stroke - but it has turned out that I have had TWO PREVIOUS STROKES. They showed up on the MRI Scan I had on Monday night. One of them I now realise I had, again on an Easter Monday, two years ago which is quite bizarre. When the other one was I haven't got a clue.

I managed to Potter about in my garage at home yesterday and get the re-organisation of shelves, tools and a Stainless Workbench almost finished - a job that I had almost completed last weekend before disaster struck. Just got to finish hinging the workbench onto the wall and two fold down legs.

Its a real drag though not being able to drive though, but so thankful that I was not permanently paralysed as was a good friend of mine 12 years ago aged 50.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and messages on the Forum and by Email, text and phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:09 pm

FFS!!!!!! What bit of REST are you struggling with??????????

Take it easy Neutral
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Hhhmmm. Good point. So long as it's not Cardiac arREST. I was just moving power tools into different compartments and shelves. Therapeutic I think it is called.

But you are right Logi. Today I felt awful. At breakfast it felt as though I was going to have another stroke. Quite shook me up. So I have completely rested for the rest of the day. It seems as though it could be a longer Road to recovery than I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Just remember, getting old is crap

The other option is worse.... Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Woodie wrote: But worst of all I can't drive or work- obviously until this is sorted out.

I think work might include 'pottering in the garage' and 'hinging the workbench onto the wall and two fold down legs.' Rolling Eyes Do yourself a favour M8 and keep on 'completely resting' for as long as the quacks tell you. I know it's alien to you, but I'd say you need to repeat today's lack of activity for at least a week. You could intersperse it with gentle walkies with the Mrs if you're very good!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:33 pm

You are both right. As you say PFM, it is totally Alien to me and yes Logi getting old is crap. I just didn't think that it would happen so quick.

Ironically I was talking with our new to the Practice, Doctor John. He has got a 61 plate black Porche Carrera S. We got chatting yesterday about it and fast cars and he wants to take it to Germany to see what the car is capable of.
So I suggested a track day and he was well up for it and wants me to organise one and go along with him and have a go myself!!!!

Wow I am up for that. He obviously thinks that I should be okay - - yes Logi, another good reason to do what the Doctor ordered isn't it?? So if anyone has some ideas of where to look for track days.......

I will start with Thruxton as it is the closest and easiest to get to and is the longest race track in Britain. Second easiest for me is
Goodwood . I will keep you up to speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Maybe this years Hijet meet should be on the Isle of Wight
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by xxemaphorr Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:57 am

Get well soon Woody
xxemaphorr
xxemaphorr
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:10 am

Sounds like a good idea to me Matt. There are loads of campsites over here.  From basic to  great Family run sites with good amenities. 

I know someone who has a fairly basic  site set in a Fir tree forest out in West Wight.  Or at the other end of the scale is The Orchards at  Newbridge which has it's own Fish and Chips shop as well as a shop and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. 

I am sure that if I still have my health I can organise a site so long as someone else can organise the agenda.

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:39 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Maybe this years Hijet meet should be on the Isle of Wight

Good idea, been thinking of trying to get me and gang to iow, only been once on a weekend trip with a load of old codgers ... Oh, hang on ... Laughing
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:42 pm

Yeah, thanks for that one E.G. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:31 pm

You don't need to organise the camping Woody, we're all coming to stay with you....... lol!
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Just heard Woody has started converting the workshop into a Travelodge... Oh bugger...

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:01 pm

PFM wrote:Just heard Woody has started converting the workshop into a Travelodge... Oh bugger...

Laughing
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Just hope you like Gayle's Lady Grey Tea and lemonade instead of beer. I not sharing my Kenco Millicano with anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum