Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LPG idle adjustment?

2 posters

Go down

LPG idle adjustment? Empty LPG idle adjustment?

Post by Eightpot Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:22 am

Just a quick one: Is there any manual adjustment on the lpg vapouriser for idle speed and mixture?  Mine has been getting slower of late and today it decided to stall on idle.  The lpg gauge flashes the red led twice which suggest too lean a mixture.  It does run when the accelerator is pressed, but dies when released and returns to idle.

On a related note, when I got the van the idle speed on petrol was about 4-500 rpm higher than when running on gas - but it was a "roundtoit" job, so now would be a nice time to sort both out.  Hell, I might even give it an oil change while I'm under there...

Ta in advance.

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

LPG idle adjustment? Empty Re: LPG idle adjustment?

Post by Gra Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:00 am

Make sure you have the oil filler cap on and that it seals correctly. If it's not it place it will mess up the iddle when running on LPG.

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eightpot Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:22 pm

The cap is in place and secure.  It ran today on idle, well, 600ish rpm while pterol was around the 900 mark.  Drove well on lpg just the idle speed is a bit squiff.  Can't seem to find any workshop data online for the afs3 system so I'll have to dive underneath and pull off any model numbers from the vapouriser.  I may be some time...

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down