Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hijet fuel pump connections 993cc

2 posters

Go down

hijet fuel pump connections 993cc Empty hijet fuel pump connections 993cc

Post by matrichards44 Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:04 pm

HI,
To cut a long story short there is a faulty connection going to the fuel pump (in the tank) on my Hijet 1.0 EFI. I've tested the pump directly with the battery and it works fine, but somewhere along the line the connection has broken. I don't really know too much about electrics but i've checked out the wiring diagram and there is a 'M' symbol on the fuel pump, I have no idea what this is, does anybody know or can you offer me advice on installing a whole new wire underneath? Many thanks in advance, Mat

matrichards44
Clubman

Back to top Go down

hijet fuel pump connections 993cc Empty Re: hijet fuel pump connections 993cc

Post by matrichards44 Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:07 pm

oh also, it is only the RED live wire that seems to have the bad connection, mat

matrichards44
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi in my opinion if power at the plug on the pump makes it work then try to actually follow it to the engine and at any joints/connecters do a power supply check when you switch the ignition on the pump runs for a few seconds to make sure there is pressure it will only do this once or twice before you need to start up as the pressure sensor tells the ecu that it isn't needed and as soon as you find power I would just change the whole section of wire and the run it up to check it may be worth putting a extra wire off the power feed at the pump to a bulb or led so you can see the power going on you can also add a switch (and power from the battery) so if it doesn't work while you are out you can manually switch the pump on to keep you going. By the way are you sure its a faulty wire and not a faulty pressure sensor not telling it that it needs more fuel pressure?
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by matrichards44 Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:11 pm

cheers rich, i did check the power supply going to the pump and there wasnt any. I cant be 100% that its not a dead pressure sensor, but i dont know what it looks like or where it is, so tomoro i will first put a new wire in , im just trying to get info on where it goes to and from. Its pretty tight to move under there so i thought it would be best to get info off the net before i go in to change it, thanks, mat

matrichards44
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by matrichards44 Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:37 pm

rich, when does the fuel pump turn off? Im thinking of putting in a switch if i cant get the power supply working - but how often would i need to turn it on/off?? cheers, mat

matrichards44
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:19 pm

to be honest I'm not sure as I can only hear the pump running and cutting out as pressure comes up before it starts when the ignition is on. as for the sensor there is one part on the front off the fuel rail which just converts the liquid pressure to air pressure that then goes to a VSV (vacuum solenoid valve) which then goes electrically to the ECU.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down