Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

windscreen squirter!

4 posters

Go down

windscreen squirter! Empty windscreen squirter!

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:01 pm

since vans been back on the road, its squirted jelly like fluid! i tried to flush the fluid out and use fresh.. but was worried i'd burn the motor out! figured after a few weeks it would soon run out on its own......

today i used the squirter early AM and all i got was a torrent that pissed over the top of the screen and on to the roof!.. useful.. not!
on closer inspection i am missing a ball bearing pin hole thing, looks like last time they were used.. or this morning the ball shot out from the squirter!

sooo.. how does one replace the squirter end? last time i looked it didnt look too interchangeable.. or accessible!

998 EFI
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

windscreen squirter! Empty Re: windscreen squirter!

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:14 pm

To remove the washer nossle take the speedo cluster out and with a bit of swearing you can get your hand to the back of it and you need to pull the U shaped spring clip off may need some help to hold the nossle it is tight as I have done this twice once on a scrapper that had the dash out so I could see how it was fitted and then fit the "new" one to our van once the clip is off then carefully pull the nossle out it is keyed so only comes out the correct way up but you may need to turn it to get the clip off and make sure you hang onto the pipe or it will try and disappear into the dash then just reverse with the new nossle. a quick bodge is to get a half inch wide strip of alloy drink can about a inch and a half long wrap it around the nossle and mark where the jets should come out punch one big enough to let the water out the good side and then a small hole to get a squirt on the other side and cable tie front and back ours was like this for months and worked fine, I seem to remember someone else glued the small end of a bic pen or something similar on and that worked too.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:14 pm

bodge it is.. not going to attempt the dash!
bic tip sounds good.. just as well its the passenger side thats disappeared!!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 pm

on my dash i have a square access section above the heater knobs.
havnt lifted it yet but wondering if i can get access via that.

also.. where the fook do i get a replacement squirter?
looked on ebay and found twin squirter but all of them are short. ours stick out 1.5" odd
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:01 am

That square panel just gives you access to 1 of the bolts that holds the dash on.
Replacing the washer jet is supposed to be a real pain in the arse. Sad
Your best bet would be a scrapyard, then you could suss out how to remove it, without accidentally breaking anything on your own vehicle. Smile
Good luck. scratch
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 pm

ahhh i will NOT be defeated.. not by a squirter!
Bodge r us!

i bought a plastic twin squirter from the local car accessorize shop, butchered it to get the wee ball thingy out.
popped that in the hole.. and glued it in place after setting it to what i *think* is the right angle...

sunday it was too cold for the glue to set!
today at work i helped it along with a heat gun!

now works... buuut does squirt a little high on the passenger side.. but drivers side is fine with the original ball.
i may see if i can re-aim it some how..
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 am

Must be another common one. Noticed the other day mu passenger squity ball-less. Good for getting friends opening the passenger door. Very Happy
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:36 pm

mines pretty much sorted now.. had a further fiddle with a sharp point tool and it squirts on the screen now, more importantly.. the drivers side now squirts as the water pressure is even again...

does stop the nozzle freezing when your driving and still rendered with out squirter's! this is where i find HGVs very handy!.. get close enough to get the spray all over the windscreen.. turn wipers on.. clean screen again!
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down