Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet?

3 posters

Go down

Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet? Empty Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet?

Post by g149 Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:49 pm

I own a 2005 Hijet Pickup 1.3 which I believe is a late Daihatsu badged year. Often when I try to find a part I frustratingly discover listings stop at 2003, or the commonly listed part doesn’t fit. Without knowing exactly what I own I am restricted to visiting very expensive Daihatsu Main Dealers (ie.£70 for a fuel cap!). Is my 2005 Daihatsu actually a modern Piaggio Porter or a late released Hijet? Can anyone put me out of my misery so I can confidently search for correct parts at Halfords or ebay. Does this number stamped on the body help ZAPS8500000557057. Thanks.

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet? Empty Re: Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet?

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:41 pm

it could just be a motor that was registered later after sitting on a forecourt for so long.
NEVER rely on Reg years as manufacture year. always use the frame (chassis)/engine number for that info.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet? Empty Re: Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet?

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi lift the drivers seat up and check the stickers Daihatsu made the hijet then Piaggio made them under licence for Daihatsu in europe when the face lift came out they were made again by Daihatsu and they sold the rights for the old shape to Piaggio at which point they changed loads of stuff but these are the porters I don't know if Piaggio made the face lift models under licence or if they are all Jap built.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Oddball year of manufacture for Hijet? Empty So what was last year of Daihatsu Hijet manufacture?

Post by g149 Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Many thanks guys for helpful responses. If Reg plate year can't be trusted, then what was the last year that a Daihatsu badged hijet pickup was manufactured as this must then be the true year of my vehicle?

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:47 pm

under drivers seat is the chassis plate. always quote that when buying parts.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 pm

leopard_pagan wrote:under drivers seat is the chassis plate. always quote that when buying parts.
Quoting chassis plate is okay when buying parts from a retailer, but if I want to buy used, ebay or visit a breakers is their a broader rule of thumb reference. (With my old Bedford Rascal I knew that any part within a certain period of manufacture would be okay).

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down