Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embarassing flat battery

2 posters

Go down

Embarassing flat battery Empty Embarassing flat battery

Post by Scarface GTti Thu May 07, 2015 1:41 pm

After all the work that I've done to my truck I've been enjoying the last 3 weeks of just driving it and not having to worry about anything. In 3 weeks I've covered 1500 miles so a decent shakedown to unearth any other problems and it all been sweet. I drove to work 2 days ago and because it wasn't fully light had put my headlights on but by the time I got to work it was light and I had forgot to turn them off. I've probably become far too used and reliant to my vehicles beeping at me when getting out and leaving lights on so needless to say when it was time to go home I had a flat battery.

On checking the wiring diagram my truck doesn't have a lights on warning buzzer so on Monday a buzzer will be getting fitted!

Scarface GTti
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Embarassing flat battery Empty Re: Embarassing flat battery

Post by PFM Thu May 07, 2015 6:40 pm

My 1998 993 doesn't have one but my '02 and '08 1.3's do so I'd imagine they were introduced with the sloping front models (why isn't that named the Mark 2?)

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarface GTti Thu May 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Mines a 1998 1300, so Mk2. According to the wiring diagram for my year and model it doesn't have one. Maybe introduced at a later date?

Scarface GTti
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down