Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuming nusiance

Go down

Fuming nusiance Empty Fuming nusiance

Post by Swarfing Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Well finally done it and drove home the new skate yesterday, tipper version in need of some TLC, Does anybody know if the 'S' bend style silencer the same between the petrol and diesel versions? The drawn pics from the suppliers use the same picture for both which is annoying.

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Fuming nusiance Empty Re: Fuming nusiance

Post by Swarfing Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 am

Has anybody maybe got picks of a custom one without loosing the cat? should have said before mine is a 1.3

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 am

My very first Hi-Jet that I bought 12 years ago is a 1300 and I have just started breaking up for bits has a straight through construction rather than the "Strangled Octopus" version.

D1NOH is your man to ask about Diesel Hi-Jets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:06 am

Woody your straight through, does it have a cat?

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 am

Petrol Vehicles registered after 1991 were required to have a Cataclysmic Pervertor on them, so yes all petrol Hi-Jets are required to have a Cat. The wiring in the loom has one or two Lamda Sensors depending on the year.
The 993's had one on the exhaust manifold and the 1300's one on the manifold and one on the silencer of the straight through style but at this unearthly hour 1-50am I can't remember if the Strangled Octopus type have them or not.

I have just been rudely woken up by two Badgers in my kitchen both of them having trashed our two Flip Top waste bins all around the kitchen floor. The Beggars come through the two cat flaps to get into the kitchen through the Conservatory and if I don't shut the kitchen door come into the bedrooms as well.
My own fault tonight. I forgot to put the lock plate in the Catflap tonight.
We feed them on the lawn at night around 9pm and have up to 5 of them on the lawn and just sit on the door step and they will come as close as 4 to 5feet to us and take the food from us. Most people are amazed but we just accept it as the normal thing. As long as you don't make sudden moves they will stay up to 15 minutes feeding on chips, bread and they adore peanuts.
It's great living on the Isle of Wight !!! Except that now I have now got the battlefield to clear up in the kitchen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 am

D1NOH if your reading do you have any thoughts?

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 pm

I have checked all the exhaust systems I have on or off the vehicles.
I couldn't remember seeing Lamda Sensors on the Strangled Octopus or Piggy Back Cats models. {1300}
It would appear that all the Piggy Back versions don't have the extra Lamda Sensor on them.
From "S" reg on {1998} from the inception of the 1300 model the Straight Through System { the Cat bolts straight on to the Exhaust Manifold} have two Sensors on them whereas the Piggy Back version only have one on the Exhaust Manifold.
All three Diesel systems I have don't have a Sensor on them but they are all the earlier models 1200. The exhaust system is different to the petrol ones but could be cut and welded no doubt.
I hope that helps answer your question Swarfing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks Woody, I think I might just make a new complete one up using generic cat, silencer and couplings. A bit of tig-ing should not take long.

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:38 pm

That's what I did out of Stainless Silencer, Cat and pipes. It sounds gorgeous. Migged rather than Tigged though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:02 am

Will set up a new thread of my wows and get arounds I think

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: