Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hijet Starting problems

2 posters

Go down

Hijet Starting problems  Empty Hijet Starting problems

Post by peekatu Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi Guys ...I have a daihatsu hijet duel fuel EFI 1300 van ,I think my petrol pump has finally packed up its been playing up for a while and on Tuesday I went to start the van and nothing ( just after I filled it up to ) , so I've been running it on LPG . But today I had problems starting it I seen a fuel pump on eBay for £60 .00 that said it would fit my van I just Wanna make sure it is the fuel pump and not anything else like a sensor? the petrol fuel gauge is working if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
peekatu
peekatu
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Hijet Starting problems  Empty Re: Hijet Starting problems

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:44 pm

While its on petrol,

If you turn the key, can you hear the pump make the hummm noise for about 6 seconds?#

Ones that are starting to fail make more of a growling noise sometime. Ones that make no noise means the pump isn't working.

Fuel pump failure on hijets is very common - which is why I stock new ones - the ones on ebay for £60 Wink

The other way to tell, is to undo a fuel hose on the engine - best accessed under the rear engine cover.

Those pumps I advertise on ebay are decent ones too, not chinese rubbish - proper made in germany items.

Biggest arse, is having to drop the fuel tank to change the pump.

It is even more common for LPG hijets to get knackard pumps, because often they have been driven mainly on gas, and the petrol goes stale, and the tank goes rusty on the inside, which in turn ruins the fuel pump.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daihatsu-Hijet-Piaggio-Porter-993-1300-cc-Petrol-EFi-Fuel-Pump-BRAND-NEW-1-0-1-3-/171573726815?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AHijet&hash=item27f2974e5f
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by peekatu Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi when i turn the key there is no noise ... nothing ..It was working fine Monday      .. then just    stopped   Crying or Very sad
peekatu
peekatu
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:36 pm

If you order a fuel pump over the phone, I will knock you a few quid off as I don't have to pay ebay fee's.

Last edited by HighlyJetted on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by peekatu Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks for the offer , but i just ordered it from your link Smile
peekatu
peekatu
Clubman