Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just had new insurance quote !!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2
HighlyJetted
retro
6 posters

Go down

Just had new insurance quote !!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Just had new insurance quote !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by retro Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 pm

So I tried changing my current r reg 1 litre hijet which costs me £240 a year to the new mpv hijet. lowest quote was £970 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Evil or Very Mad 

Anyone recommend a cheap insurance company for the mpv hijet ? or a way to get the insurance lower !!
retro
retro
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Just had new insurance quote !!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Just had new insurance quote !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by retro Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Oh and I will only have 4 or just 2 seats rather than 6 in there is that makes a difference !
retro
retro
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Just had new insurance quote !!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Just had new insurance quote !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Just do a compare the market, should be £300 or less.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:48 pm

How old are you and do you have convictions etc?

I've added my mum on my policy as a named driver which dropped the price.
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:47 pm

FrontBackSide2Side wrote:How old are you and do you have convictions etc?

I've added my mum on my policy as a named driver which dropped the price.

Good advice that, when I done my grand daughter added her mum and grandmother price came down by over a third.
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by retro Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Sorry for the delay , 36, licence for 8 years and 1 years no claims ! current van is £250 ! found out the logbook says van / side windows. this should get the quote down I think. will call them today and find out !!
retro
retro
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by retro Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:56 pm

done another quote with named driver on it too. came out as £330 ! phoned up as it was current insurance company. they said on there records it coming up with pick and as it has windows its not classed as a van although it was registered as van with side windows !! cant ever get insurance for it !!!  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
retro
retro
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:28 pm

What was the second cheapest quote you got? Just go with that and buy it online.
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 am

retro wrote:done another quote with named driver on it too. came out as £330 ! phoned up as it was current insurance company. they said on there records it coming up with pick and as it has windows its not classed as a van although it was registered as van with side windows !! cant ever get insurance for it !!!  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Your not the first person to have this saga.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eightpot Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:16 am

Try Adrian Flux. I've just insured a Hijet panel van through them which was originally listed as a pickup. They changed the details no bother - in fact it dropped the price by about 40 quid.

42 year old fart, 2 non fault claims and no non claims to add to the policy...

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:21 am

Would be struggling to recommend Adrian Fuxup, i insured my bikes with them this year, not impressed, ok till you try to contact them.
Have you tried business insurance? Mine has full business cover cheaper than trying to get private cover. Only downside to it is you can't get driving other vehicles cover but as i have that for the Merc it's not an issue for me.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:14 pm

I used to insure mine on a van/commercial policy and it was much cheaper.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by retro Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks for the info. will be trying again with commercial use on the policy, sod the company i am with !!  cheers 
retro
retro
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:51 pm

I use BISL (Budget insurance services ltd)
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum