Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coolant issues

2 posters

Go down

coolant issues Empty coolant issues

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Tue May 20, 2014 2:08 pm

A week ago I drained the coolant from my truck, removed all the LPG kit, replaced the thermostat for a 78 degree one, replaced both rad caps for OEM 0.9 bar items, added the little t-piece so I can pressurise the system, pressure tested and fixed all the leaks, replaced any dodgy hose clips then refilled the system. I then ran the engine until the fan kicked in twice (which it did) and let it cool. Once cool I topped the system up and filled the plastic reservoir thing up to the full mark. Each time I took the truck out I have been topping up the rad cap under the passenger seat, only a mouthful each time but as I'm still doing it I thought I had a leak somewhere.

However today I noticed the plastic reservoir is above the full mark where I previously filled it to. What does this mean?
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

coolant issues Empty Re: coolant issues

Post by HighlyJetted Tue May 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Get it all burped of air again, warm it up, take it for a little gentle drive round the block, cool it down 100%.... etc etc until you get no air gap under the metal cap.

Then take it for the thrashing of its life.

If it purges a load of coolant into the header tank then more than likely the head gasket has gone.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Tue May 20, 2014 9:43 pm

I was afraid you would say that! Whats the best way to burp it? Just squeeze the pipes? Engine running? Cap under the passenger seat off?
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down