Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poorly HiJet seeks sensitive garage in Midlands

3 posters

Go down

Poorly HiJet seeks sensitive garage in Midlands Empty Poorly HiJet seeks sensitive garage in Midlands

Post by jonwood Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 am

It's time to fix Holly. Last time she was started, two months ago, she was intermittently running on 3 cylinders and was downing a pint of antifreeze in about 120 miles. (These sound bad, I know.) The coil pack is less than a year old so that may not be my worst problem. I guess the head gasket needs replacing but I can't do that. Can any one suggest a good garage local North of Birmingham (Cannock/Wolverhampton way...ish preferably) that has an understanding of Hijet quirks?
jonwood
jonwood
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Poorly HiJet seeks sensitive garage in Midlands Empty Re: Poorly HiJet seeks sensitive garage in Midlands

Post by HighlyJetted Tue May 13, 2014 10:57 am

Bring it to me in Congleton.

My friend at east cheshire car and recovery will collect it if needs must for some cash.

I have done about 18 overheating hijets now.

I have one in the workshop now which the customer will be collecting on Thursday.

I know it might be a few miles but its worth it as I know them really well.

The one in the workshop has come from London, the one before came from LLanduno, the one before that came from north east manchester. People bring them to me even though its not on their doorstep normally because they have already spent good money at other garages who have not fixed it properly!

Think about it Smile

My businesses website is http://www.autofaultfinder.com

There you will find my contact details.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Poorly HiJet seeks sensitive garage in Midlands Empty Re: Poorly HiJet seeks sensitive garage in Midlands

Post by jonwood Tue May 13, 2014 11:13 am

Perfect. I'll see about getting her up to you tomorrow if that's ok. She's made it further than that with this many cylinders before.
jonwood
jonwood
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue May 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Thursday or Friday would be better as I have to do a call out tomorrow to fix something very big and heavy that won't move!

Expect to have to leave the van with me for around a week, it takes time to get cylinder heads skimmed etc etc.

I actually live in Crewe, so if it suits you better I can take you back to crewe train station to get back down south if you come late afternoon.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by jonwood Wed May 14, 2014 11:05 am

No worries, I'll bring it up on Friday. A lift to Crewe would be perfect. Cheers.
jonwood
jonwood
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed May 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Jonwood, though I've never met HJ, from his posts and reputation it's really a no-brainer. If you can get your van to him, he'll sort you out.

HJ, you missed the one from Essex. There must have been a very active dealer round there, as when I was looking for a new van a while back I had a choice of 3 recent vans from that county. OK, the one I bought originated from Bristol, but there must be an attraction there.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Friday would be ace.

Which one came from Essex - was that the Karaoke guy?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down