Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flea-Bay Day Dreamers.

+2
melboy
leopard_pagan
6 posters

Go down

Flea-Bay Day Dreamers. Empty Flea-Bay Day Dreamers.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:07 am

Since I put the ad on for the SE I am Dismantling there has been over 1600 hits on the two ads which has amazed me but what amazes me more is the huge number of illiterate idiots who cant read or write the Queens English.
 I clearly wrote on the first line of the Advert that this SE was for spares only and NOT the vehicle for sale as a whole. One of the first questions I got from a degenerate in Bristol was " How much Tax and Mot and could I drive it back to Bristol. ?? ".
  I understand Bristol has very good University facilities --obviously the likes of which our Mastermind Candidate hadn't availed himself of. Unbelieveable !!!

The wheels I am starting ( again ) to re-furb for my own use. Because of this damn leg injury I can only potter about and sell spares on the Forum and E-Bay and Wightbay. I  have picked up three Vans in the past two weeks the first for £100 a 993 Carb Model for --the first I have ever seen then a Blue 1300 Vreg  for £150 which needed a bit of tidying and some water and two radcaps to sort the " usual Garage diagnostics of " Ed Gaskit gawn mate ". So an hours work on that making sure rad-fan kept cutting in and making sure it was staying cool moved that on with one phone call for a handsome profit and then last Saturday another Vreg 1300 with LPG, Mot October, Tax September, 4 new Tyres and recent Full Service including Cambelt and a service book stamped regularly by the Main Dealer. Mind you I was robbed on this one. I had to pay £450 for it but I will nick the new tyres and battery off it and it needs a tailgate and a dent knocking out and painting behind N/Side rear wheel and a damn good clean  and Buffing up and some air fresheners everywhere ---- the guy I got it from was a Fisherman !!! 

I have just put a fresh Wanted ad on the Homepage of Wightbay so see what delights I can pick up from this Advert. 
Time to hobble off over to the Workshop and start removing a Cylinder head now for a customer and a couple of smaller items to send out. 

Oh yes and I have got 14 Brand new still in the boxes Hi-Jet Alloys coming my way next week from an Ex Daihatsu Dealership  although 4 of them are for a Move so not sure of the PCD & 7 are Genuine SE wheels  and the remaining Three ( which is a right Bum isnt it ?? ) are Hi-Jet  5 Double Spoke ( so ten spokes ) alloys. 

Please try and refrain from all the Reliant Regal and Reliant Robin jokes or for the minority of us " Old Geezers " who might remember Barry McGuire ( Eve of Destruction ) and the New Christy Minstrels  song " Three Wheels on My Wagon " ( with the exception of Logi of course because he will as always come out with something blindingly funny ). Lets wait and see !!!

Back to top Go down

Flea-Bay Day Dreamers. Empty Re: Flea-Bay Day Dreamers.

Post by Logi Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:35 am

So how much do you want for the whole van then?..  Twisted Evil 
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:36 am

And a Reliant Regal has a pcd of 4 & 1/2 " same as an old Mini Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:44 pm

One too many " W's " there Logi. It's not a whole van any more. Its a HOLE van and loads of them where I have taken the bits off it.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 am

Curious on the alloys... Bet I can't afford em.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 am

Sorry LP but I will be keeping all of them but for the 4 14" x100mm PCD Move Alloys as they won't fit a Hi-Jet. Logi very kindly did some research for on the pcd AND sent me link to a Website that lists Wheel PCD's.

The four SE Alloys I have taken off the SE I am doing a full refurbishment on
though its many years since I last wielded a De Vilbliss so I am not sure what the finish of the silver paint will look like.  Embarassed Embarassed 

With the 7 new SE alloys I can make up two sets of five wheels - one set on my MPV and the other saved for my 1600 Tipper project. I have been digging out spares in the week to sell as with my injured leg the only money I am earning is selling Hi-Jet parts. Anyway I came across a couple of 185x60x13 tyres and they will look really wicked on my MPV .
So two sets of five SE alloys leaves me with one spare. I remembered last year ( not bad for an Ole Fart eh ? ) that Melboy had asked me for a spare Alloy for his SE so I contacted him a couple of weeks ago to see if he would like a spare and I believe it put a smile on his face from ear to ear.
The biggest problem is getting them here. Seven identical boxes and Herpes were the cheapest at £124 !! I have been using City Link through Interparcel and paying parcel by parcel. I contacted City Link at Milton Keynes and they are setting up a Credit Account which should be in place by middle of next week and that will be around £50 plus £34 insurance for £1000 cover. So maybe by next Friday I will have some lovely wheels sat in my now very untidy workshop.

Back to top Go down

Post by melboy Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
melboy
melboy
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 am

Well does look like its put a few smiles on your face
Mel. Good I am pleased to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Check the Move ones, they may be 110, one site did list certain ones as that
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks Logi. That would be a bonus for someone on here if they were wanting 14" wheels. The mystery hopefully will be revealed by next weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 am

if they are not all proper sets of pcd 110's I'm glad I didn't take the long distance gamble.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:16 am

It has been fraught with problems Matt. If it hand been for this leg I would have driven up there and gone through the rest of the stock
at the same time. .Up there and back in a day.

I drove to Southampton yesterday to spend the day with my son and did about 50 miles and my leg was so painful when I got home. I can barely walk this morning. And I did this almost 6 weeks ago. Getting fed up now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Woody I've been a silly boy again - deleted your email address and discovered why I lost my brakes today  Embarassed 

The off side half shaft nut (and washer) were missing. Loosing an oil cap is one thing but allowing a split pin to disintegrate is a hanging offence. One cursury glance showed the half shaft had disappeared a couple of inches into the wheel centre, so I presume when caliper piston is pressed it just pushed the disc back . . .

Do you require the dimensions/ have you received my envelope/ how much will I owe?
Andy

Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Not a problem Andrew. But give me a ring on 0786 303030 9. ASAP TONIGHT UP TO 11pm. Email is. hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com. Regards Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Reid wrote:Woody I've been a silly boy again - deleted your email address and discovered why I lost my brakes today  Embarassed 

The off side half shaft nut (and washer) were missing. Loosing an oil cap is one thing but allowing a split pin to disintegrate is a hanging offence. One cursury glance showed the half shaft had disappeared a couple of inches into the wheel centre, so I presume when caliper piston is pressed it just pushed the disc back . . .

Do you require the dimensions/ have you received my envelope/ how much will I owe?
Andy

You will need to replace the whole stub axle and wheel bearing at a guess.

I'd be tempted to just put a second hand complete hub on it.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Do you rember HJ last year when this happened twice to me. The stub axle ate two lots of split pins and I was running for a couple of hundred yards with only the caliper keeping the wheel in place .

Then Rich had similar problems and I had to send him a complete hub assembly.

I cured my ones Split Pin chewing habit by putting an Allen Key in the stub instead of a split pin . That stopped her chewing habits.!!

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:23 pm

I got mine as tight as I could with a 2ft breaker bar and it's been fine since the splines had worn in the hub and it wobbled loose new hub is a nice sliding fit.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Just remembered Logi. Yesterday I saw a Move parked in the Village and had a look at the wheel size and this one was 13" but obviously don't know what the PCD was.
I am finally booked to go and get the Alloys on Monday and have a good look at their Hi-Jet stock of parts for sale and see what bargains and deal we can put together . I hope he is used to being insulted.  Rolling Eyes affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down