Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sliding doors

4 posters

Go down

sliding doors Empty sliding doors

Post by piaggio05 Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:22 pm

the sliding doors tend to fall of the runners on my piaggio porter , the top runners seem to be very battered , also when the door is shut and locked it works itself open when i am on the move , luckily it only comes open a little bit but this is a big problem causing lots of noise and draft. any ideas ?

piaggio05
Clubman

Back to top Go down

sliding doors Empty Re: sliding doors

Post by Logi Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Any ideas? Yeah, I wouldn't use your e-mail addy as your user name...
Doorlocks and sliding door bearings, common Hijet maladies, never fear HJ will be along soon to help you out Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Another Porter owner? Welcome. Neither sliding door of my '08 van fitted right when I got it - am gradually getting there though. Think the build quality may have deteriorated over the years. When they shut, do your doors look flush with the rest of the van?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by piaggio05 Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Hi yes 05 model, the sliding door catches on the front passingers

piaggio05
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by piaggio05 Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:05 pm

i have spent a lot of money on this van dont want to spend much sorting out the doors ,would it be possible to fix a bracket to keep the door closed permanently or is this not allowed for mot purposes

piaggio05
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:45 pm

It shouldn't cost anything to sort unless something is missing. First, I'd compare the location (where they attach to the door) of the top and bottom guides with the door on other side and adjust if necessary. To get to the centre arm you need to remove the door card. This one can be adjusted with the door shut and I'd do this next to get the door perfectly lined up in the aperture, then re-check the top and bottom guides.

Oh, and if anyone wants a new n/s door: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191080407035?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Webolution Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 pm

PFM wrote:It shouldn't cost anything to sort unless something is missing. First, I'd compare the location (where they attach to the door) of the top and bottom guides with the door on other side and adjust if necessary. To get to the centre arm you need to remove the door card. This one can be adjusted with the door shut and I'd do this next to get the door perfectly lined up in the aperture, then re-check the top and bottom guides.

Oh, and if anyone wants a new n/s door: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191080407035?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

Very helpful! I have the same problem and door cards are out. Now I have to look for the centre arm and see if I can adjust the door that is not closing properly.
THANKS PFM!
Webolution
Webolution

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:13 pm

Do you have exactly the same problem? It is unlikely the centre arm has mis-adjusted itself on the door unless there is damage or someone has tampered with it.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Webolution Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 am

PFM wrote:Do you have exactly the same problem? It is unlikely the centre arm has mis-adjusted itself on the door unless there is damage or someone has tampered with it.

What a bad surprise I found behind the door card...not only someone has tampered with it (as you said), but also I found a terrible welding work inside and a big hit hammered, filled and repainted from outside...I think it's not going to be easy to fix the sliding doors properly.
Webolution
Webolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down