Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAPESNAKE ON ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS.

3 posters

Go down

TAPESNAKE ON ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS. Empty TAPESNAKE ON ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Twice this evening while browsing the Forum, I have had a warning pop up
about a virus infecting Android phones and tablets. It mentions that it finds passwords and account numbers etc. and you need to download software to combat it that they happen to have.
Sounds like a scam but I don't like the sound of it.

Has anyone else had it come up on their Android Devices ??

Back to top Go down

TAPESNAKE ON ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS. Empty Re: TAPESNAKE ON ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS.

Post by PFM Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:35 pm

No, but a quick google comes up with this: http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/security-info/222894/information/TapSnake.A

Just wondering what other sites you've been looking at.......

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

TAPESNAKE ON ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS. Empty Re: TAPESNAKE ON ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Until tonight I Haven't used the tablet for some while as I have been using my Android Note ll clone phones from China.
Just been talking to my mate Paul and he reckons that it could well be from a Chinese source where they were made.
Don't like the sound of it at all.
Reading between the lines Peter -- immediately after I deleted it a website of ill repute shall we say DID pop up and that went the same way -- deleted
immediately.
Thanks very much for the info though I don't understand it completely I will forward it to Paul and see what he suggests. He has already said there is an anti- virus for Android by Norton and others on play store so am going to look right now -- though the damage may have already been done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Paul has just sent me this link : http://grahamcluley.com/2013/12/android-
scareware/

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:17 pm

I wouldn't trust any of the chinese devices with my data.

Pretty much every disk that has come with cheap chinese hardware I've used has been riddled with spyware, virus's, keyloggers etc.

I don't install any apps on my phones either. Some are quite dodgy and when you are installing them you have to give them permission to access loads of parts of your phone/tablet.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 pm

All of my apps I get from Play store but I have been finding that the App updates have had an English title but a load of Chinese gobbledygook behind it.
Definitely very worrying although I love the phones and the two simcards in each one means I just need two phones with me in one wallet I can put in my inside pocket. It seemed a good idea at the time. Mad Mad Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Did you get my email pictures of the winder mechanisms Matt ??

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:45 am

Yes I did but have not looked at them, about to go out the front door now so a task for later.

The google play store regularly has apps removed due to security problems, google do not inspect apps that get added unlike the apple store which when you submit an app to apple it takes a month or so before it is published.

I use android, and adverse to apple products, but the android app situation is very rogue. Along with "always on background data" and auto updates. I trust non of it!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:00 am

You just need to stop tapping yer snake when you're on the phone...... Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Snake? At my age Logi ?? I wish. More like a Snail now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks for that Matt. I understood Google to be pretty safe-- well thats what my mate Paul informed me. 
It definitely seems as though its these two Chinese Phones that have introduced the virus as the only websites I use are Google and this one and Spotify for downloads of music oh and Interparcel and Paypal and thats it. so its got to be the Chinese gobledygook updates I get. 

I really like the phones and they get used MUCH MORE now than my Nexus 7 Tablet so dunno 
what the heck to do.  Send them back and carry 4 non Android phones around with me instead of two 5.5" mini Tablets which fit in a nice wallet in my inside pocket. Hard decision to make really now I have got used to them ---- except for the predictive " Logo " mishaps now and again !! Embarassed  Embarassed 

Will download some protective software and see if it does the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:09 pm

woody wrote:Snake? At my age it's like a fuckin Anaconda in my pants!!.

Sorted  Wink 
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down