Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is the thermostat located? Hijet 1.3

4 posters

Go down

Where is the thermostat located? Hijet 1.3 Empty Where is the thermostat located? Hijet 1.3

Post by g149 Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:53 am

On old vehicles the thermostat was very easy to locate, but on compact modern engines everything seems so crammed in and inaccessible. I own a Hijet 1.3 pickup with limited engine access under the cab seats and a rear flat bed hatch. My problem is poor MPG. I believe the coolant sensor to be okay. I have recently noticed the temperature gauge remains low and doesn't move to its former mid-point position. So I'm assuming a faulty thermostat could be keeping the engine running rich by not triggering the sensor to reduce to idling speed. So where is the thermostat located and accessible from?  Also welcome any related advice. Thanks.

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Where is the thermostat located? Hijet 1.3 Empty Re: Where is the thermostat located? Hijet 1.3

Post by Logi Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Its basically below the handbrake, not familiar with the pickup but the centre panel is removable in the van, I'd imagine similar with the pickup.
Its a bit of an arse to get at tbh.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Where is the thermostat located? Hijet 1.3 Empty Re: Where is the thermostat located? Hijet 1.3

Post by PFM Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:15 pm

What mpg are you getting? Are you sure the temp needle has changed position? My '02 1.3 needle reads about 80% but my '08 stays at around 25% unless in queues or idling when it goes up to 45%, then fan kicks in and goes back down.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:33 am

Currently 25MPG! I've had my van a while and noticed the temp needle is definitely lower now then before; even on long runs.

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Might be worth following one of HJ's guides on checking the lambda sensor serious over fueling will cause a lower rnning temp and bad MPG.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:48 am

What are the HJ's guides on checking lambda sensor? Can I do this myself or do I need a garage with a computer link? Thanks.

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down