Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.

+3
rich the mechanic
PFM
Logi
7 posters

Go down

The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.  Empty The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:17 am

I can't remember who it was who spotted the Rear Load Shelf on E-bay ----- whether it was Logi or PFM or whoever it 
 was but anyway I am eternally grateful to you. If I had a Sword handy I would dub thee Sir !!!!

It has been the most handy piece of kit of all the hundreds of tools I have bought ( except perhaps for my Fein Saw.
 If any of you are tradesmen then you will know that they are the best tool since sliced  bread)

To return to the plot ---  apart from the untold damage it caused to my balding bonse every time I bent under to load or
retrieve a tool box ( which I very quickly rectified by putting 16 mm grey foam pipe lagging on with a few cable ties )the rack, not My Balding Bonse before any Comedian jumps in there.!!!
It has been a fantastic addition to my hard working MPV. I can get 7 or 8 Electrical Tool boxes up there and I have
protected the tinted windows from getting scratched too.

It means I can get so much more kit in and still leave the middle seats in for passengers or fold them forward for a bit more room. I had to get some Fascia board yesterday so took the  front Sunroof out and put it through there.

Thank you so much to the Eagle Eyed Genius who spotted this Fantastic Bargain.  Take a bow Sir.  cheers Very Happy drunken

Back to top Go down

The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.  Empty Re: The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.

Post by Logi Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:18 pm

The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.  Opera_man_bowing_wapdaycom
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.  Empty Re: The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.

Post by PFM Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Yer sporran's slipped! Anyway, I think Woody was being ironic and meant the bow that rhymes with roe as he has an arrow to send you for the damage done to his skull Laughing 

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 pm

I like that it was found too as it has given me an idea which I will show when done, I found some of what I need at work today so will have to snaffle it away.

Last edited by rich the mechanic on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My grammer is crap.)
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm

If anyone wants one of these racks - I have a spare Wink
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Thanks for that Logi. You can stop taking a bow now--- you will end up with stomach cramp mate. 
I have made up some brackets to just drop the rack on so it takes seconds to take out and am also going to hinge the  front so I can put timber right through to the front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 am

Morning Sir Logi. I see you have just logged online ( or should it be just 
Logi-ed on ? Rolling Eyes ).

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:48 am

i saw the rack in woodys mpv (and the scares) when i went over to collect my tank it does what it says on the tin, nice peice of kit

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by xxemaphorr Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:19 pm

what do these racks look like?
xxemaphorr
xxemaphorr
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 pm

xxemaphorr wrote:what do these racks look like?
The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.  Dsc_0010
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xxemaphorr Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 pm

aaahh that's awesome! what sort of load will it take do you know?
xxemaphorr
xxemaphorr
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:44 pm

No idea, I use it for canoeing/jetskiing. I keep all my dry gear up there, lets me throw all the wet stuff in the van.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xxemaphorr Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:45 pm

does it mount where the jail bars can go?
xxemaphorr
xxemaphorr
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 pm

The Best £15 I have ever spent on a Hi-Jet.  Yellow_guy_nodding_he
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nc30 Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:29 pm

I got and fitted mine today! Arrived 10 mins after I got home from work. Absolutely awesome, much more substantial than I thought it would be. 4 self tappers into holes which are already in the van then 2 bolts and washers, there's a couple of them on ebay at the moment - get one!
nc30
nc30
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:58 pm

My third one also arrived today . Such a great bit of kit. Just about to order another one. They are such fantastic value that if I don't manage to sell any they will get used up by me. tongue 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum