Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any suggestions please?

3 posters

Go down

Any suggestions please? Empty Any suggestions please?

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 am

Hi Guys..

The Magic Bus has a problem and as a mechanical newbie, trying to teach myself about my van, I don't know where to begin. Shocked

It's very farty when I drive her (the bus not me) it feels lumpy, like I am in the wrong gear. I can sometimes smell petrol on start up but not everytime. She always starts first time and I have no apparent loss of power. My MPG has reduced and as of yesterday the engine warning light has come on - the orange one - which I believe may indicate EGR valve amongst other things?

I will have to take her to a garage but worried they may see me coming a mile off and be looking to fund summer holidays lol if anyone has any experience or suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited by The_Magic_Bus on Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions please? Empty Re: Any suggestions please?

Post by leopard_pagan Mon May 17, 2010 2:02 pm

i had lumpy end of last year, as if you were pulling away in the wrong gear.
fixed it by replacing spark plugs, HT leads and rotor arm.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks Smile

I will try that.. especially as I now have that fab manual for EFI 1.3 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Just to let any other newbie owner who's non mechanical who thinks they have a similar problem GET IT CHECKED OUT.. I'm typing that loudly cos I had the shock of my life! it is my rear propshaft!! not blinking spark plugs and I could have killed myself or someone else Shocked if amyone wants to know more then feel free to PM me.

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 am

The propshaft went on our van too. It was juddering when pulling off & felt like something was loose.
It was water getting into the UJ's & corroding them from the inside.
We got ours replaced free of charge, as Daihatsu knew the propshafts on these vans were faulty & issued a recall in 2007.
If you get in touch with a Daihatsu dealer, they can check their records to see if your vehicle has been fixed under the recall.
If not, they should still honour the recall as it's a safety issue. Smile
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:13 am

Ohh thank you.. I really appreciate that advice Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 am

I just phoned the Garage where I get her fixed and they are going to look into it for me.. many, many thanks to you as it looks like they can't source a second hand one and as she's my only vehicle I'm off work trying to get her fixed!

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions please? Empty for anymore plebby newbs like me who might find this helpful.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Phoned Main Dealer, guy really helpful took chassis and Reg numbers and called me back within ten mins, Yahoo!! he wanted some techical details and asked me to bring the bus into him, I explained she wasn't going to make it and he could speak to the garage I took her to (my lovely guys @ Mill St) as apparently there were two types of propshaft fitted to the hijet, mine was the faulty one so to cut a long story short, she's going to my local garage tomorrow, they will do all the work and Daihatsu will send a brand new propshaft. My garage does all the work, Daihatsu picks up the entire bill... win win for everyone Very Happy So again, massive thanks to kentgpz11 for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by kentgpz11 Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:45 pm

You're welcome, glad to be of service. Very Happy
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:24 pm

i should reeeeeealy get mine checked. i have no idea if it is or not.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Funny you should say that I've emailed WoMoCo tonight as the ex-main dealer (now piaggio) I asked hasn't come back to me so will wait and see if they answer me this time! bounce
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 am

It makes sense to get them done before methinks, you get it all sorted free and peace of mind that it's not going to fly off on the motorway etc.
If anything interested arises from this or I can give any more info I will. The guy at the main dealer just ran the chassis number and reg through the PC while I was on the phone. It shows on their database if it's been done or not. (assuming you didn't own yours in 2007)

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:21 pm

in 2007 i was a happy biker who had no intention of ever driving anything 4 wheeled.. or had any inclination of taking a driving test......
that changed in 2009 when a club member thought he could take the piss and get away with it "coz LP needs my van"!
bought van a year and half ago. no paperwork to say anything like thats been changed.

whats the number of the dealer you spoke to?
may as well phone them as they know its an issue.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down