Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how have you attached curtains

5 posters

Go down

how have you attached curtains Empty how have you attached curtains

Post by joff Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi has anyone put curtains in there van? If so how have you attached them, cheers

joff

Back to top Go down

how have you attached curtains Empty Re: how have you attached curtains

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

hmmmm yes.. i have pondered this one too. would like some kind of easy to put up/remove curtains.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:54 pm

I have thought about this to and many years ago I had new UPVC windows fitted and we used stick up hooks and used extendable rigid bars to hold the nets and they were pretty sturdy although I ended up super gluing the hooks up but other than that I recon they would work a treat, may need to use a top and bottom like a caravan.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by joff Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:14 am

i’m glad i’m not the only one, i thought about the stick on hooks too but i don’t want them on show, other than that i think velcro is a good idea but really i’d like to see what the campervans use first

joff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukz Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:48 pm

We have an old Fiat camper van and the curtains in that are on a mixture of either caravan curtain tracks (that you can get off ebay or from a caravan breakers) and curtain wires. The wires are threaded through the top of the curtains and then hooked onto metal curtain hooks that have been screwed into the metal work of the van. Hope this helps!.
Tukz
Tukz
Centurion

http://www.tuktuktravel.co.uk

Back to top Go down

how have you attached curtains Empty re- curtains

Post by bones 851 Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi folks, yes i have fitted , groovy 70,s style curtains to my wee jet, i located the curtain wire to a small hole above the rear door, and attached the other end to the main roof just above , in line with the front seats, the second lower wire runs from the same rear panel to another handy wee hole on the front door panel next to the seat, it does have its difficulties entering through the side door however, you can just clip and unclip when needed, i,ll take some pictures and put them up, whole thing took about 1/2 hour, i did get some help from the mother in law who cut the curtains to size and looped them over for the wire to go through,, pics soon i hope cheers bones.....
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by joff Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm

mabe for a better fit then i'll drill small holes and use screws with proper net curtain wire like you have indoors, i'll do it this weekend

joff

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 pm

If you drill a small hole 2mm maybe then get a centre punch and slightly dent the panel on the outside of the hole away from the direction the curtain wire will go and then get the centre punch in the hole at a angle pointing towards the way the curtain wire will go and bash it a bit you should lift one side of the hole and drop the other side in that way you could screw the hook into the end of the wire and hook it straight into the panel a little paint and when you unhook you should barely see the holes, try it out on a bit of scrap first its easy to do but then I've done it loads of times to run wires through panels neatly.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum