Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

valve clearences

3 posters

Go down

valve clearences Empty valve clearences

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 pm

does anyone know what the COLD valve clearences are the manual states hot only and mine were all over the place when I stripped them out for the head to be skimmed and would like to set them up before I put it back on study
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

valve clearences Empty Re: valve clearences

Post by large519 Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Did you find out what the cold valve clearances were?? also in the manual it says to turn the crankshaft until the mating mark on the flywheel is aligned with the mating mark on the bell housing??? where and what mark should I be looking for or as long as No1 cylinder is at tdc you can adjust the valves according to the manual.??
large519
large519
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by difflock123 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:55 am

I dont know the cold clearances, but I'd personally think setting them to the hot clearance, and then adjust them again when the engine is warm....

you could then (when the engine is cold again), make a note of the cold clearances....

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi I didn't find out but I just set mine to just over the max setting cold and they are fine as for the position they need to be done when off load so both rockers per cylinder are "on the rock" so I just turn the motor over until both rockers are loose on cylinder one and then repeat on two and three.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by large519 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:20 pm

I've just set them to the 0.2mm clearance, once I've got the engine running i'll re adjust. Also I eventually found the mark in the bell housing, which you should line up, it's under a rubber cover on top of the gearbox housing just below the thermostat, there is a small indent in the top of the clutch that when the engine is rotated it lines up in between 2 marks.
large519
large519
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down