Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Buying Your Van For Xmas?

+3
HighlyJetted
Little Black Van
Logi
7 posters

Go down

What Are You Buying Your Van For Xmas? Empty What Are You Buying Your Van For Xmas?

Post by Logi Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:36 am

Well, any Xmas prezzies for the Hijets then? santa
Mine's getting a New Year prezzie, road tax! cheers

But i've bought it a decent set of horns for Xmas, really sick of the feeble wee peep, want a big TOOT affraid
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

What Are You Buying Your Van For Xmas? Empty Re: What Are You Buying Your Van For Xmas?

Post by Little Black Van Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:41 am

insurance. Sad

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What Are You Buying Your Van For Xmas? Empty Re: What Are You Buying Your Van For Xmas?

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Buy a train or a ferry Horn!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Hopefully a new windscreen and yes I would love a train horn if there is any spare about.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 pm

I've got a windscreen in good nick - bit hard to post but its here.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:I've got a windscreen in good nick - bit hard to post but its here.

That had crossed my mind, a breaker that I use has a jet in and I need to go and get it sorted also can see if I can get the fan resistor pack while I'm there but I do have glass cover and the excess is £75 so cost of travel and the screen is measured against that.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:44 pm

I'd get a nice new one if I were you Smile
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 am

I'm giving mine rest as I'm heading to the Black country in the car for Xmas. Have a good one, fellow Hijet-ers.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Ventu Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:42 am

New oil, filters and oil additive... Razz

El_Ventu
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:40 pm

I think mine got its pressies early, kinda got a few more years life I suppose, I have put the Xmas decks up tho, must take a pic and show you!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Black Van Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Well the insurance is looking to be far less painful than I was expecting. The renewal quote on my current policy is £800. Yet a new quote with the same company, for exactly the same level of cover, is £452! Explain this! Although in this case, it's classified as a light van rather than box van (I didn't see panel van first time around so chose box van, which in hindsight was probably a mistake due to box vans not having rear view mirrors.) and I put my father on the policy as a second driver. He only has a provisional and has never driven as a qualified driver in his life, yet he is 56 and it may be that that has lowered the price. He'll never drive my van, so there is never going to be an issue with him being on the policy, hopefully.

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Decs in/on the van? Must see santa

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Little Black Van wrote:Well the insurance is looking to be far less painful than I was expecting. The renewal quote on my current policy is £800. Yet a new quote with the same company, for exactly the same level of cover, is £452! Explain this! .

New customers only! Rolling Eyes

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:45 am

elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Not quite a direct gift to my vans, but a gift towards progress on my pickup in the garage which I'm going to work on over this holiday period....

5 x five foot Fluorescent Strip lights so my garage is properly illuminated.

Just got in from fitting and wiring them up and now my workshop is brighter than this dark winters day sunny

A dark workshop makes life awkward and de-motivating.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down