Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series

2 posters

Go down

HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series Empty HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series

Post by thegman Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:56 am

I just purchased a 1992 Daihatsu HiJet van in Orlando, FL (Aug. 2019) and am looking for several small body trim parts for the front "HIJET" valance between the headlights. I need all of the small plastic fittings that attach the valance to the body. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series Big_pi11
HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series Closer10
HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series Clip_l10

thegman

Back to top Go down

HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series Empty Re: HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series

Post by PFM Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:17 am

I think you'll find that the top and bottom ones are different, by the way. The panel hooks onto the top pair, then the bottom two are secured by orange plastic nuts from the inside of the van. That's how it is on the S85, and yours looks v. similar. Good luck in your search but I doubt you'll find them - you might have to fabricate an alternative method of securing the panel.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series Empty Re: HiJet van - Parts needed for S80 series

Post by thegman Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks for your reply.  I thought about making them (I'm pretty handy) but I'd really like to find the correct hardware...perhaps from a wrecked vehicle.  Mine is an S83 and I'm guessing the same hardware may be on older and newer versions.

thegman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Just to back up what PFM has mentioned. You will not find any second hand or new I am afraid. They haven't been available from Daihatsu for many years. I have broken over 250 Hi-Jets since 200/3 mostly 1300's but of the 993cc variety never found ANY good plastic clips. They always break.

Most 993cc vans the Radiator Cover is always held in place with a couple of Self Tappers. If you recon you can make some then you may have few customers for some, but there are so few of them left on the road these days that you aren't going to get rich on producing them to sell - not even with a lazer printer.

You would be better contacting Noel Fitzpatrick the SuperVet. He is brilliant at that sort of thing. Ruff Ruff I can only say.
Rolling Eyes lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by thegman Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:30 pm

Thanks Woody...I thought I'd ask because you just never know!

thegman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:13 pm

WHAT??? You are on here five minutes and you have tell me that I never know.!!! I'm the BIGGEST KNOW IT ALL ON THE FORUM and at times ashamed to admit it. I'm like Marmite. You either love me or you hate me.

But I have got one great advantage. All the ones that hate me - I can block their Emails, Texts WhatsApp messages and Phone calls. They need me for help, info or spares. I don't need them.

Joking aside I have always been a big head and stronger than virtually anyone on the Isle of Wight so you can just take me as I am or not. But I do LOVE helping people out - even though I know I should accord people more respect. But what you see is what you get. Oh yes and of course my terrible sense of humour lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down