Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S65 new owners, transmission oil etc

2 posters

Go down

S65 new owners, transmission oil etc Empty S65 new owners, transmission oil etc

Post by eiriksmil Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:12 pm

Me and a buddy have a few cars and a workshop together.. We couldn't say no when this thing popped up..
S65 new owners, transmission oil etc 48397434061_4d958b2462_b

S65 Hijet, RHD, JDM version, 30k miles, 550cc two cylinder and a four speed manual.. It's lovely.

Transmission is a bit notchy into reverse and first gears. May be synchro rings (I assume it's synchronized anyway?), but I figured let's try to change transmission oil first. Question is how much and what kind (Redline MT90, 75W90 perhaps?)?

I tried finding workshop or owners manual on the S65 without any luck. If anyone has this in PDF (or in actual booklet format!) I would be super happy.

Btw, next to it is my 89 Charade GTti, with ~180 bhp at 800 kgs/1800 lbs. So I am no stranger to quirky cars.

eiriksmil

Back to top Go down

S65 new owners, transmission oil etc Empty Re: S65 new owners, transmission oil etc

Post by Lex_Michdebus Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:06 pm

I thought this was the one I saw in that dreadful Leprechaun movie (CoolJet said it was an old Carry, could also be true). Those eyebrow blinkers, it's almost as if the designer was jerking it to anime or hentai at work. I love it, it doesn't get more Jap then that.

Did you check the manuals thread on this forum? It has a bunch of pdfs, perhaps the S65 is in there too.
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down